• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Panel Light Bulb Replacements

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Does anyone know offhand where I might find some replacement bulbs for the 12V and 120V panels (original panels) in my E35-3? A number of the lights are burned out, and I would love to get them all current....

Thanks,
//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Unless they changed suppliers by the time they built my 1988, you should try contacting the company that built the panel. I am not at the boat now to read the name. I remember needing some new "matching" labels for my panel in '96, and contacting the supplier and they sent my some. Overpriced, but a close match for the originals. Fwiw, my panel is labeled on the back as an "E-34" panel, even though the boat is an Olson 34.
Loren in Portland, OR

John Yandow

Member I
Panel light alturnitive

Sean,
I too am in the same boat...I know, it was bad, but what the heck. I have about 6 of my 12v indicator lights out and wanted to replace them. I found the mfg of my lights, Leecraft. I found there web site. http://www.lightingcomponents.com/index2.html .

Here are the 2 styles,
12v are 41 series: http://www.lightingcomponents.com/products_serv/product_cat/41series.pdf

120v are 36 series: http://www.lightingcomponents.com/products_serv/product_cat/36series.pdf

The prices for the 12v ones range from $5.09 - $9.95. Look under the distributor page. I found there was a minimum order that I could not or did not want to match.

So here is what I did. In each of these lights there is a little light covered by a lens. I pushed the wires on the bottom to pop the lens out. Of course you have to remove the light from the panel first, this I stumbled on by accident. I then went to Radio Shack looking for some kind of replacement. I found an LED that I thought was going to fit inside the black tube to replace the light and lens. It did not, so I removed the LED from the housing, placed it in the tube where the light was, put the lens back in and it looks great. The Shack part# I used was 276-084A, red. If you need more information I can probably put some kind of procedure together.

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Thanks!

Thanks for the info - I'll go over it, and open my panel sometime soon (it's slowly working it's way up the project list).

//sse

newgringo

Member III
FWIW - NewMar Indicator Lights Source

Was also looking for a source for the 12 vold red lamps in the DC panel in our E32-3. The original panel maker Newmar has them on their web site for $3.90 in "bulk" whatever that means. Their site is www.newmarpower.com . Also Sierra has them available through West Marine for $6 (#19222254) or so but not quite the same. Both are for a 5/16 inch panel hole. Info a little late, but maybe helps someone.