• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30 Profiled in Sailing Magazine

psanburn

Member II
The 45th Anniversary issue (September) of Sailing magazine has an article titled 45-year-old Charmers and features the Ericson 30, as well as the Morgon 34 and Bristol 39/40, but of course my interest lies with the Ericson piece. A special note is that they chose to run a picture of our boat taken early this season plying the waters of Lake Pend O'rielle.
icon7.gif

Note - the Sept issue if not yet posted online to the Sailing website.

Hope you enjoy the piece as I did.

Peter S
Bayview, ID

Last edited:

PDX

Member III
Sounds like they're cheating. Your boat is an Ericson 30+, introduced in 1979. That makes it a 32 year old charmer. What it has in common with the 45 year old Ericson 30-1 design is the name of the manufacturer and the name of the designer. Not much else.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
E-30-1

Good article, albeit a bit brief...
While very complementary, also slightly flawed by mixing in two different era's of Ericson 30 models.

:)

LB

Last edited:

psanburn

Member II
It was great to see the magazine recognize Ericsons as well built boats that continue to deliver performance and comfort after all their years, whether they be 45 or 27 years old, something that Ericson owners have known all along. I can't speak to the editors mixing the eras of the boats, but it sure was fun seeing our boat in the magazine's pages.

Peter S