• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Images - Attaching vs. URL Linking

Sven

Seglare
Maybe it wasn't all my fault ?

If you use the "Image" button to insert an image and then click on use remote URL and copy into a local copy (or words to that effect) you end up with a zero reference when you go to save. I retried several times to have picasa images referenced and copied into Sean's site and got the same result every time I tried. Maybe it doesn't like the https reference, didn't check that.

I reposted using the basic uploader function instead.

-Sven

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Ok - so the subject of this thread is: Images - Attaching vs. URL Linking....

The reason I moved this post from your original thread and started a new one is that this issue has been coming up for a couple of years now, and there has been a long back and forth on it. So, with the new software, I am going to try and resolve this issue today.

I'll check with the publishers first on this to ensure I know what the latest status of this is, and then will update this thread, and hopefully resolve this issue for once and for all.

//sse

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Hi Sean,

I thought you'd solved the issue by offering the "copy locally" option which takes the image from the remote URL and copies it into your site. That gets rid of all the arguments against posting images via URL ?

-Sven

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi Sean,

I thought you'd solved the issue by offering the "copy locally" option which takes the image from the remote URL and copies it into your site. That gets rid of all the arguments against posting images via URL ?

-Sven

Yeah, and that's probably fine, Sven - go ahead and resolve the issue on your hatch thread - that's ok, and really has no bearing on this thread (which is a larger about-overall-policy-issue).

I just want to look into this and come to a conclusion one way or another - because this issue has been at the bottom of the pile, fermenting for some time, and I want to see what the latest is on it before I start ranting one way or the other...that's all.

//sse

Sven

Seglare
I did resolve it by using the "basic uploader" function. The remote image URL - copy locally was what didn't work, at least not for me.

My thread was fixed and I'll use the basic uploader for the next thread too.

Are you having fun yet ? :egrin:

-Sven