• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

DIY Yard in Hampton Roads/Norfolk

Salty Dawg

Sic Em WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
Recently moved to Hampton Roads area and am looking for a good DIY yard for winter haul out. Anyone outthere have a suggestion.

Thanks,:rolleyes:

Earwax

New Viking
Cutty Sark or Cobb's

Hey Salty Dawg, welcome to Hampton Roads! What part are you in? Where is your boat kept? Not that it matters much since you can just sail to whatever yard you want.

My $0.02... I have only had my boats in two yards, both in the Little Creek area; Cutty Sark and Cobb's. Both will let you do your own work and have decent prices. They also have pros on staff and will allow outside contractors (if they prove they have insurance). Only Cobb's has LP air hook-ups in case you need to use pneumatic tools. (I just brought one of my own compressors when I was at Cutty Sark.) Neither allow spraying of coatings.

Cutty Sark has a restaurant, Cobb's doesn't. Cutty's is a whole-in-the-wall, but of course that's what I like! The food is good and well priced.

That's all I have. Let me know if you need more info.
Dave

CTOlsen

Member III
Haul out in the Hampton Roads area

I'm at HYC, and pull out of one of two yards, both of which let you do all your own maintenance, including paint. Wormley Creek Marina is off of the York river, which is where I'll be pulling in December for about 3 months. Severn River Marina is off of the Mobjack, on the Severn river, and also lets you do just about anything.
CTO