• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for an E-35/II near Annapolis I could look at.

sailor11767

Member II
I'm starting to really, really want an E-35/II. But I can't find one to actually step aboard and look at, and I don't want to go half way across the country (or Main, where a nice looking one is sitting and calling my name...) to look at one.

So, the question, does anyone have one, preferably with a dinette (I have been aboard one with a settee) within an easy drive (say an hour or less) of Annapolis, who loves their boat so much they'd like to show it to me? You pick the time, although weekends are certainly nicer than week days.

Thanks!

Harry

sailor11767

Member II
I note that Harry did stay active for a while, but last checked in during June, 2011.
Maybe he did buy a boat.
:confused:
Or not.

Has it really been that long??? Wow, time flies.

Yes, I did buy a boat. I found a Sabre 34 that I couldn't say "no" to. This web site was a big part of why the E-35 was high on my short list, but the Sabre support group is terrific as well. The Sabre came along first.

I still do wander here when Google finds something useful, but I guess I don't log in.

Cheers! Spring is coming. Eventually.

Harry

sailor11767

Member II
I just looked at that posting. I have this eerie feeling I may have bid on that boat. All that work in 2011. The boat I looked in 2009 at was a 35-II, around that vintage. It's best asset was a nearly new Yanmar. It was VERY tired, and they were asking $20-something K. I offered $5K, and I am SO GLAD they laughed at me -- it wasn't worth that much. It had good bones, and whoever bought it could have brought it up to be a nice boat. But, it needed new sails (it had no useable main or jib), new roller furling system, a new holding tank (errr, I mean, it NEEDED a holding tank...), it didn't have self-tailing winches, it had no dodger, etc. All the stuff that listing brags about!

Or it just could be that 35 year old boats need lots of work. Like, for instance, my '79 Sabre.....

Harry