• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Chesapeake Fall - Boat Show?!?

Emerald

Hi all,

October 6th is right around the corner, and I am way behind the ball here compared to past years. October 6th is Saturday of the Annapolis Sailboat Show, and the past 3 years we have had a nice gathering late afternoon of Ericson fans to eat, drink, and lie about how fast we sail :egrin:

Here's the deal. I've organized the event the past 3 years, and I really feel like I missed the proverbial boat last year by picking The BoatYard Bar and Grill. Thought it would be good walking distance, it's a local watering hole for sailors etc. Well, in a nutshell, they were the least accomodating of our group, probably the most expensive, and probably the slowest service. I wasn't too thrilled when all said and done.

Where does this leave us? It's last minute now, and I feel like we really should do a 4th gathering, but I am at a loss for ideas, short of doing something like going back to Cantler's or the Ram's Head.

Anyone like to step up to the plate and organize this event, or help me come up with something? The deadline for listing it in SpinSheet is the 10th, so if we decide something quickly, we can still get it submitted.

Do we have an interested group this year? Please, if interested, post back with something concrete, and if you want to organize this at any level at all or assist me, shoot me a back channel mail or post back to the list.

Hope to see something take shape here! :cheers:

Last edited:

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hey David,
We really enjoyed meeting everyone at the 38 gathering this summer- and would love to do it again:egrin:
Ramshead would be ok with us, there's just not much down on mainstreet that isn't going to be scary during boat show. Gallway Bay has room for a large-ish group, but it's a little more expensive.
Whatever works is fine with us.
Chris

Emerald

Hi Chris,

I should probably have said in my original post, that the Ram's Head we had gone to was the Roadhouse out on General's Highway, which means a 10 minute car ride from downtown Annapolis. Of course, we've got the Ram's Head Tavern that is in Annapolis proper.

Any opinions as to whether it's better to make a long walk up Main street and a jog over to West for the Tavern, or are enough people shuttling from the Stadium parking lot that it's easier to wrap up the boat show, shuttle back and hit the RoadHouse.

Let's not forget about Cantler's. It's about a 10 minute ride from City Dock, and CRABS! Yum!

Opinions!?

Last edited:

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Based on the past few years, I think that Cantler's is the place to return to. Not only have they been the most accommodating but the have the best crabs and the coldest beer. :cheers:

Emerald

Hi Mark,

As I think about it, Cantler's was the friendliest, and if you have to wait, at least you're overlooking Mill Creek and can even get a brew (I think you can get beer while waiting outside). Cracking some hard shells sounds pretty good also.

I'm thinking Cantler's again also. Others?

seizethebay

Member I
Cantlers vs Rams Head

I am a big fan of the Roadhouse as it is just down the street from me BUT I have friends who always tell me they hate it as smoking is allowed hence the room is thick.
Cantler's is always a good choice. I am just looking forward to meeting other Ericson owners! :egrin:
Lynne

Galley_Slave

Member II
It's been a while since I've been on this site, but it's nice to see that folks are keeping up with Ericson rendezvous. Sorry we missed the summer get together. Neal and I just came back from a trip south to Cape Charles aboard Kokomo. Had a few issues which I'll discuss in a different forum, but would be interested to get together after the boat show. We may be sailing up to Annapolis again this year and spending the night on the boat. Cantlers isn't an option for us unless we could bum a ride from someone?????? :egrin: We are still not sure about sailing vs. driving up for the day, but if we do, and we can get to Cantlers, I guess Cantlers is okay. We didn't mind Roadhouse but they were anything but friendly there. Last year was the first year we went there to meet the Ericson group so we're not as jaded as some. ;)

steven

Sustaining Member
In fairness to The BoatYard last year -- I was the first of our crowd to get there, but could not tell them how many to expect and when - so they had a difficult time holding tables.

Nevertheless, we should probably be able to do better. (But, please not Rams Head Roadhouse). Wherever, we should try to pick an approximate time and estimate headcount. The Boat Show crowds make it difficult to maintain the usual informality - especially for anyplace within walking distance.

Emerald

I found no one would take reservations for our group in the past. It was one of the challenges in trying to figure where there would be room for an unknown number. Probably figure we'll have 10-15 bodies max.

Davis's Pub is an interesting idea, and walkable. Cantler's is not as far as it seems mentally - under 10 minutes. We've had some good ideas thrown out. Any more? Is it time to pick a place and time? :eek:

Last edited:

Emerald

4th Annual Ericson Boat Show Rendezvous Date

OK, the date is closing fast, and I think we should make a firm selection. It would seem that there is a definate "no" on The Ram's Head. I think we've had some other good suggestions, but given the volume of people at the Boat Show and knowing what a zoo Eastport can be etc., I think Cantler's might be as good a place as any. So, unless there is a big objection, how about this:

4th Annual Ericson Annapolis Boat Show Rendezvous will be held Saturday, October 6th 2007 at Jimmy Cantler's RiverSide Inn starting approximately 5:30PM.

For information about and directions to Cantler's, check here:

http://cantlers.com/

Hope to see lots of Vikings soon!

:cheers:

saltayre

4th Annual Ericson Annapolis Boat Show Rendezvous

:egrin:Hi David,
If you recall, we met 2 years ago at the Rendevous. Didn't make it to Annapolis last year, but we are planning to be there Saturday this year and would love to once again make connection with the Chesapeake contingent of the east coast Ericsons.
We will plan to make it and share stories.... hope to see a lot of you there.

John and Carol Lark
Red Skies
E34
Vandemere, NC

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Well it sounds like an E-31, E-27, and an E-34. Lets keep building this crowd. Todays lump crab cake sandwich was out of this world. Cold beer, crabs, Ericsons and friends!!!!

see ya there :cheers:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Mmmmmm

MMMMM Crab cakes---MMMMM BEER---MMMMM Ericsons!

Was hoping to attend. I have a freind in Glen Burnie MD. & we were planing to attend the Boat Shows. But alas, plans change.

Hoist ONE(or two) for ME!

Salty Dawg

Sic Em WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
too many options

How about an E32 to round out the crowd.:jollyroge We typically run up to Baltimore on Saturday Night (Little Italy) but since there will be crabs and beer and then a Yacht Club party afterward I think we will hang around.

L8R
:cheers:

Emerald

Reminder

Just a reminder,

5:30 PM, Saturday, October 6th at Cantler's Riverside Inn will be the 4th annual Ericson/Annapolis sailboat show rendezvous. I will be wearing an Ericson hat and shirt, and hopefully will be the first one there and snagged as big a table as we can get. If anyone beats me there, let the hostess know you are part of the Ericson group, grab a table, and start the libations!

Look forward to seeing lots of Vikings :egrin: and for directions, check out Cantler's website:

http://www.cantlers.com/