• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Possible 2007 calender of Chesapeake fun

Emerald

Thinking of recent gatherings of Vikings on the Chesapeake, we actually have the makings for a full season of activities. How's this sound for a start?

June 30th
1st Annual Eastern Shore race and raftup. This year's highlighted model will be E38s with a special one design race being organized. Others wanting to try to beat them for the fun of it are invited. The day will be rounded out with a raftup at Shaw Bay for any and all Ericsons interested.

July -mid to late
Informational workshop with local sailmaker guest speaker addressing sail repair while at sea, jobs you can do yourself, general care, and other aspects of sail and canvas

August
2nd Cantler's raftup and crabfeast

October
Annual Annapolis Sailboat show get together

And over the long term, I am thinking an annual June race raftup with a featured model each year would be really cool. I have actually talked with a local sailmaker about doing an event in July, and perhaps a tech event a year would be a good thing. Cantler's or some other type place for an August event could again be a recurring theme, and of course, The boat show must go on in October.

Other thoughts/changes? and yes, the admiral hit the hay early tonight leaving me with boat on the brain and too much time....

:cheers:

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
David is on to a great topic here: Fun with our Ericsons on the bay. I have proposed and have 4-5 E-38s interested in an informal race from Thomas Point to Shaw bay on Saturday June 30. With a raft up to follow which all Ericsons owners and Ericson fans are certainly welcome. As for tech talks I am very good friends with the owners of an excellent rigging and fabrication company based out of Edgewater, MD just south of Annapolis. Southbound Cruising Services see www.voyageundersail.com. These guys, Brian Duff and Pete Appell, are great friends of mine with whom I sail and race often with. The have helped me tremendously with numerous rigging and stainless fabrication projects and offer a wealth of knowledge for the asking. I am certain Brain and or Pete would be more than willing to host a tech day at either their shop or at a raft up. Theres a good chance they will be at the Shaw bay affair sailing a 100+ year old gaffer based out of Galesville that we frequently sail year round.