• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

CEOA activity

Emerald

Hi All,

as some of you are aware, a group of us has been working over the past several (three to be exact) years to get the Chesapeake Ericson Owners Association active again. Well, go pick up the current issue of Spinsheet, and you will now find that EY.o is listed as the place to go for CEOA activity!

If you are new to this, the first "event" was a gathering based around the Annapolis Sailboat show three years ago. In addition to having gatherings based around the sailboat show each of the past three years, this summer marked some milestones with additional events including a raft-up on Mill Creek and afternoon cheer at Cantler's Riverside Inn.

Those of us who are working on this are excited that we seem to have a core group of 10-15 people that are now tracking these events. Stay tuned here and look for upcoming announcements on some spring fun.

I highly encourage anyone who would like to host an event or get involved organizing one to post any ideas here, or email me directly. There are lots of great things we can do here in the Mid-Atlantic to enhance our sailing fun. Also, don't be held back because you are not located close to Annapolis. There is no reason why events can't be organized up and down the Chesapeake by those interested.

I look forward to hearing from other Mid-Atlantic Ericson owners and enjoying some more camaraderie this upcoming season. :cheers:

seizethebay

Member I
Looking forward to more info. We keep "Seize The Bay" at Hartges in Galesville. We are also hoping to put her in a few races this coming season.
:egrin:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Count us in!

David,

My wife Beverly and I sail an Ericson 32 MKIII (1987) out of Port Annapolis on the Back Creek and treat "Vesper" as our second home during the sailing season. Like most husband and wife sailors our house is a little more dusty and the weeds a little higher durnig the spring, summer and fall. But we're looking forward to getting involved with the CEOA so keep us in the loop.

I also sent you a personal email with more information. Keep in touch!:D

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Yes it is!

Is your boat the old "Vivace"? The Ericson 32 is a great boat.....

Yes Joe. Our "Vesper" is the old "Vivace" and we're happy to have her. Moved up from a Hunter 285 (which we also loved) to something a little bigger but still "bay friendly". Plus the 32 fits in the same slip as our old 285.

How do you know of "Vivace"?

Joe Thompson

Vivace

I think I sold "Vivace" a long time ago to Paul and Leigh Daugherty. Paul was very happy with it. Really nice boat and very nice sailing manners. Congratulations.

Joe