• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Ericson 25 Owners - Kentucky

Joe

Member II
My wife and I are now retired and we saw this old E25 sitting forlornly on a very old trailer at a marina on the banks of the Ohio. It had a 'for sale' sign dangling from the pulpit. The previous owner informed us that it had been sitting there for three years. We've never sailed before.

We bought it today, after cleaning it up over the weekend and applying some wax to the hull. The previous owner and his son came over this evening and raised the mast and sails for us. It has the original mainsail with the viking sign and proudly displays hull #218.

We consider ourselves fortunate to have stumbled across this boat as the previous owner had obviously taken very good care of her before giving up sailing. He even surprised us today by arriving with a bimini.

Now the learning starts.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats & Welcome!

Congrats on the purchase - a great boat for your first (or any) sailboat! So you sail on the Ohio River? That's interesting - I grew up outside of Cleveland - and grew up sailing on Lake Erie!

You'll have a great time with your boat - enjoy making those memories!

//sse