• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Ericson 35 Owner - Portland, ME

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I don't know if any of you noticed but a 1985 Ericson 35-III came up for sale on YW last week and is now in a sale pending status. Well, I bought it. It was too good to pass up. A fine boat that has been maintained very well. Of course we still need to do the survey(on Friday). I currently own a 1976 Pearson 28(for sale now) that I have completely restored over the past few years and have successfully cruised and raced. I have been looking at the Ericson 34s and 35s for about 6 months now. My wife Kathy and I are very excited about the new girl!

I have made many good friends on the Yahoo Pearson group which is one of the best boards out there. This one is also very good and while you will hear some question from me in the near future, I hope to contribute in the long term. Of course I will still monitor the Pearson group. After all, she was my first love.

Tim Reilley:egrin:
1985 E35-III(sale pending)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats!

Congrats on the new boat - a very fine one, I might add! :egrin:

//sse

lbertran

Member III
Welcome, Tim

You're going to love your new boat. She sails like a witch! This is our second season with our E35-3 and we are very happy with our decision to buy this boat. She's a keeper.

Laura Bertran
Footloose, 1985 E35-3
Annapolis, MD

bigtyme805

Member III
Welcome to the Ericson Family. You will soon see why Ericson has such a huge following. Enjoy your new cruiser.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Congratulations!

We just closed on our E35-III about 3 weeks ago, and got it trucked into town last week. So I guess this means my short-lived most newby E35 status is quickly coming to a close. :)

Now if we can just sell our old Ericson 32-II...

- Cory Bolton
1975 Ericson 32 "Fairweather Friend"
1984 Ericson 35 "Balancing Act"

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sea trial

The survey went great last Friday. Some moisture in the starboard toe rail from a crack around the anchor locker. I think this is common as I have seen it on a 34 also. Hull has low moisture readings and no sign of delamination. Rudder has consistent medium moisture with no delam. Raw water pump leaking and engine needs alignment. It appears the bottom nut on the stbd engine mount backed down. Everything else looked great.

Sea trial is next Thursday. We will run the engine up to speed and temp for 30 minutes and check. We will also fly sails. Anything specific I should look out for?

The sale may be final a week from today :cheers:

Thanks
Tim R.

Last edited:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi Tim,
Congrats on a very nice vessel. This may seem like a small item but, I just worked on our shifter cable. It was real stiff and seemed to bind. Check out the current thread under "Shifter problem" in the maintenance and mechanical section. You won't believe how nimble the 35-3 is. We purchased ours last October. Nice to look at it and such but look out! After my wife and I test sailed Windfall, it was a no brainer, had to have it. We had an 81 Catalina 30 prior and were worried that the E would be sluggish and slow, not the case.

I have been through some other projects such as converting the big ice box to refrigeration and I replaced the Espar furnace. Feel free to email me with any specific questions.

Again, congrats and hope everything checks out fine and dandy.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Thanks Kim

I will check the operation of the shifter cable. One of the reasons I considered this boat was the great reputation E35-IIIs have as fast well balanced sailing vessels. Our previous boat was a Pearson p28-1 that has the same characteristics.

Tim R.