• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

CEOA Rebirth Party/Meeting

Emerald

Hi all in the Chesapeake region. I have been working quietly behind the scenes with a couple other folks to try to get the CEOA up and running again. Off line, we have been talking about a meeting towards the end of June at The BoatYard Bar and Grill in Eastport/Annapolis.

A date has not been set yet, but preliminary conversations with The BoatYard looks like we should just show up en mass. I would like to get some feed back from folks about tentatively shooting for either the weekend of June 18/19 or the weekend of June 25/26. It is obviously impossible to accommodate everyone's schedule, but I'm trying to get a consensus of the most folks who can make it, which weekend is best, and which day (Sat/Sun) is best. Thoughts are a late afternoon e.g. 4-5pm starting time. This should let us take over a good part of The Boatyard without problems, and give plenty of time to eat/drink and figure out where we want to go from here.

Of note, so people don't get confused, I've been working with Ben, the original poster about revitalizing the CEOA back in Jan/Feb of this year. For the purposes of this event, either post back to this list, or send me an email via the forum message center. I will post back to this list information as I accumulate it.

So, let's see if we can't have one heck of a reorg party, and start back up this organization!

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

lbertran

Member III
June 25/26 Works For Us

David-
Thanks for taking on this organizing. We'll be on a two week cruise from June 11 to June 24, so can't make the earlier weekend. Either way, it's great to see the possibility of a Mid Atlantic Ericson group come alive.

Laura Bertran
Footloose, 1985 E35-3
Annapolis, MD

ADSHRIV

Member I
CB Ericson Association

Sounds great, but the dates are a real problem for me. However, count me in as very interested. Still looking form my 'ideal Ericson".

Art Shriver

Emerald

Hi all,

I know the date game is hard, but throw out what works as an alternative. If it turns out no one can make late June, but we've got a bunch that can go for July, then let's do it in July. What I don't want to do is just roll through the summer never getting anything going, because nothing was ever set on a calender for people to shoot for. So, I threw out those two weekends out of the blue. If folks are being quiet because they can't make those dates, tell me!

Looking over this past list activity and the Sailnet Ericson list makes me think that we've got at least 15 folks in the Annapolis/Balt/DC/Eastern Shore area. That strikes me that we've got the potential for a good turn out.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Shadowfax

Member III
David,

I'm Easternshore [Rock Hall] and I'm interested, however I live about 50 miles north of Philadelphia, so making a meeting in Annapolis is difficult. Driving over shoots a sailing weekend and weather decides where I go, as my wife doesn't tolerate marginal weather and a deadline. So good luck with a date and if we can make it after a date is picked, we will, if not keep us informed via the Ericson list.

Paul
s/v Shadowfax

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I really appreciate the effort but.... I will be in Florida TAD, plus my boat is still a long way from being seaworthy. Again, I am glad you are putting in the effort.
Gareth

Strats43

Member I
Lets Make The CEOA Better Than Ever!

Hi all!
Just wanted to take the time to say thanks to David for talkking on the rebirth of the CEOA! As some of you know Ive been trying to get it up and running for a few months, so its great to have some help and another brain to bounce things off.

So I want to hear from you what will make the CEOA better than ever?

A Couple of Ideas Ive had were a fix your boat party were members go to boats that are less than seaworthy and lend a hand while having a good time and helping a fellow Ericson owner in the process.

Also I think that Sailors in general ar very enviormental concious and I think we could give some back through the many agency in the area by once againhaving fun and volunteering some time to help the bay(she sure could use it)

Well thats my thoughts PLEASE even if you are not interested in the CEOA give me some input

thanks
Ben(Strats) :egrin:

Emerald

CEOA Date of Reorg Party/Meeting

Hi all,

OK, Ben and I (and a few others) have been talking, and we are going to set the date of the CEOA reorg meeting/party for Saturday June 25, 2005, at the Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport/Annapolis. I will be there starting at 4:30PM. Look for a tall skinny redhead with a Grey Cap with the Ericson logo embroidered on it. The Boatyard does not officially take reservations, so we should descend upon them promptly to fill it with as many Vikings as possible :egrin:

Of note, if the allure of a CEOA rebirth party is not enough on its own to get you out, there is a large festival taking place in Eastport the same day, so there should be lots of fun things to do that afternoon. Here's a link to information about the festival in Eastport:

http://www.eastportarockin.com/location.html

Here's a link to the Boatyard's website:

http://www.boatyardbarandgrill.com/

I will post specific directions to the Boatyard from RT 50 in the next couple of days. I am right now scrambling to get a few things together for a little 3 day cruise, so I will be quiet until Wednesday most likely.

Look forward to seeing lots of fellow Vikings on the 25th!

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Last edited:

ADSHRIV

Member I
Ceao Rebirth

I Plan To Drive Down From Pennsylvania To Make 4:30pm On June 25th. Looking Forward To Meeting Some Of You.

Art Shriver