What is this?

Brendon Wright

The main portlights look Ericson but I can't place the model. It's possibly something else, in which case I'll remove this post.

IMG_20231122_120827187_HDR.jpg

ConchyDug

Member III
A wild guess but I think it's a 70s era Morgan that replaced it's port lights with Ericson style ones. The overhangs look like a Morgan and they have the stripe. The photo below is a 42-2, I'm guessing the other one is in the 27-32' range.
6774427L.jpg

kapnkd

kapnkd
I’m thinking possibly an Islander Yacht. They had ports very similar to the Ericson’s.

(However, the cove stripe is not the traditional Islander design.) Could it be a European brand??

…Morgan ports were more traditionally rectangular in shape.

ConchyDug

Member III
Yeah that's why I think windows/ports were changed. That stern overhang, transom, and cockpit coaming are Morgan for sure.
3155896L.jpg

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
This has been driving me nuts. It looks so familiar, but I can't place it. The closest I can get is a Yankee 30, Aqua 30, or some other S&S design in the same style.

Aqua 30
1702316157637.png
The pic looked like the Edmonds marina so I looked up Corinthian Yacht Club in Edmonds and found another pic.

Skjoty2.jpg

In the same splash screen, is an Ericson 28+ "Aditi". Looks like Aditi is owned by forum members @grmiller and @SusanSMiller. Maybe they know the boat and can solve the mystery. As I copied and posted the pic I noticed the name on the pic is "Skjoty2", maybe Skjoty is the name of the boat.

Brendon Wright

This has been driving me nuts. It looks so familiar, but I can't place it. The closest I can get is a Yankee 30, Aqua 30, or some other S&S design in the same style.

Aqua 30
View attachment 48736
The pic looked like the Edmonds marina so I looked up Corinthian Yacht Club in Edmonds and found another pic.

View attachment 48754

In the same splash screen, is an Ericson 28+ "Aditi". Looks like Aditi is owned by forum members @grmiller and @SusanSMiller. Maybe they know the boat and can solve the mystery. As I copied and posted the pic I noticed the name on the pic is "Skjoty2", maybe Skjoty is the name of the boat.
Nick, yes it's name is Skjoty at the Edmonds marina. I didn't want to reveal too much. It is pretty, and apparently super rare, but not an Ericson.