Weather Instruments

matias

E38-200 - NYC
Hello everyone!! Im shopping around for weather Instruments, clock etc. I came across the Weems & Plath Admiral and Atlantis are they any good? What do you guys think? Are there any better wx instruments available? My Birthday is soon and now is a good time to treat myself and avoid objections by the WIFE.
Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 9.52.43 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-22 at 9.51.31 AM.jpg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I've had good luck over many years with a Weems & Plath barometer and clock. When the clock failed a few years ago, I had excellent customer service and they eventually sent me a new clock, no charge. I would definitely recommend them. But always replace the AA battery at least once a year, cause if the battery leaks, their warranty is off, though they will service the clock for a small cost.
Frank

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I bought the Trintec set several years ago. Love the look and the dials can be read from a distance, like from the companionway when checking to see if my watch is over..! :)
Not sure if they are available now, but did find one site that seems to list them.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Mine are the Atlantis. I'm not familiar with the Admiral. I'm guessing they both have the same internal mechanism, so probably just a matter of taste and style, but I don't know that for sure.
Frank