Wanted - Ericson 25 or 26

LuckyNico1977

Hello,

I’m trying to find an Ericson 26 anywhere on the west coast, Southwest, Rocky Mountains, etc.

I’m not sure if a 25 would work, as I don’t know if it’s got stand-up headroom? I’m 5’10” and my back requires I no longer bend over whenever I go down below.

Ideally I can find a boat that is ready to sail but in need of some updates/love/refitting. If she’s got a cradle, I can turn that into a trailer, but a trailer would be best, obviously.

Thanks much!

—Nico

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Hello, Nico.

Just to clarify, when you talk about an Ericson 26 I assume you are not talking about the late 1960's/early 70's Bill Crealock design but rather the mid-to-late 80's Bruce King design. Likewise, there is more than one version of the 25. Since you are talking about the 25 and 26 in the same context, I'm assuming you have in mind the 25+, which was the direct precursor to the 26-2 and 26-3 and is in most respects the same boat.

Assuming the latter, the 25+ and the 26-2 and 26-3 should be OK for 5'10" headroom.

Hey Nico, have you also considered the E27? Just another similar option in the Ericson family. Regarding standing height I'm about 6' 1'' and have to hunch a bit on the E27 everywhere but the companionway - not sure what the 25/26 clearance is but may be right around that 5' 10'' mark.