Sailing via Youtube

Well, in trying to get through winters grip, I have been prowling the interweb and found two cute channels that feature folks but their adventures happen to occur with their ericsons.

One, who also was breifly mentioned on this site but I found him while couch cruising youtube, Wicked Salty. Following the misadventures of a cute couple and their dog. And the other "newcomer" is somewhat eclectic, Yacht Naughty!?!? :) Wow?!?! Both have Facebook and Youtube.

While my wife and were bored and we were having a good laugh watching Yacht Naughty's galley-a-gogo I clicked a more recent video that was more of a "confessional" style that put Yacht Naughty in a new light for us. The feature starlete experienced a life shattering blow and is getting her life back with the help of her ericson, we subscribed :)

Anyone else stumble upon videos containing Ericsons that have NOT been spotlighted here such as Christian's adventures?

Jeff

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have a few personal favorites. Laura Dekker, the 16-year-old. She has many videos, here's her TEDx talk:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOhsP6aBEg

And Andy L., who sailed around the world solo on his boat Mighty Chicken, and left behind only this charming 15-minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzitW5Hs4F8

Youtube has changed remarkably since the requirement for comments to have an IP address. Fewer 13-year-old snowboarders, and a huge tolerance for the varieties of tastes. As a window to the world it provides anybody just about All That is Known about human behavior.

[Sorry, no Ericsons, just favorites]

Last edited:
Some awesome video!

You know, I think I had better get a go pro! I LOVE the kite shots and would love to know what kite and how to rig? Drakeparagon did a kite shot with a foil kite, which was a bag kite (compact) but the way it was rigged didn't seem too secure.

Let me be a little more clear, If you do a search in youtube for "ericson", it will only bring up video with ericson in the title or description which Christian demonstrates above.

But say some just uses the word sailboat (or not), not even knowing it is an Ericson in the video. I saw a video one time the title read something like "A day on the Robert's sailboat" In watching the video, it all happened on and e27! This is how my wife and I stumbled upon "Yachtnaughty". Many times the boat is just there and never being identified, but WE know. Just like my father can identify by year/make/model every car in American Graffiti but never being credited or not "note worthy" to some. Somewhere I saw video of a ericson in a compilation video of boat crashes that I would like to find again. So I am sort of looking for those stumbled upon non credited ericson shots.

Jeff

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
SailTube

On my Youtube Channel I have a playlist of mostly small clips I have been posting related to sailing my E-27 since 2008. The playlist is titled: Sailing "Pride Of Cucamonga". It's a bit of anything and everything from sailing with dolphins, climbing the mast, hauling out, engine woes, sea lion attacks and Catalina Island visits. These clips were shot with different cameras and camera phones over the past 7 years so the quality is not always the best. The order is not chronological at all. Your all welcome to spy on me. :egrin:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHvfY5pOXo8Y5-tqpxDbtGDredUNb4AuY

And here's one of my favorites, the trailer video from my main Youtube page:
http://youtu.be/qsfi2q-28AI

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Let me be a little more clear, If you do a search in youtube for "ericson", it will only bring up video with ericson in the title or description which Christian demonstrates above.

But say some just uses the word sailboat (or not), not even knowing it is an Ericson in the video. I saw a video one time the title read something like "A day on the Robert's sailboat" In watching the video, it all happened on and e27! This is how my wife and I stumbled upon "Yachtnaughty".
Jeff

Looks like miss "Yachtnaughty" has not posted anything in 5 years. I stumbled on to her page about a year ago. She used to have a website too, but it looks like it's down. Ya gotta love that sailboats and bikinis go together like peas and carrots. That's also why S/V Delos has to be one of my favorites. Oh yeah the fact that they have GoPros, and a Drone is also a plus. Not a Ericson, but who cares. :roll eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/briantrautman

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Looks like miss "Yachtnaughty" has not posted anything in 5 years. I stumbled on to her page about a year ago. She used to have a website too, but it looks like it's down. Ya gotta love that sailboats and bikinis go together like peas and carrots. That's also why S/V Delos has to be one of my favorites. Oh yeah the fact that they have GoPros, and a Drone is also a plus. Not a Ericson, but who cares. :roll eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/briantrautman

i think I stumbled upon SV Delos a while back where they were crossing the equator and ..........you may have seen the rest.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Regarding the SV Delos, its interesting watching the quality of the editing improve over the years.

bigtyme805

Member III
Wicked Salty

I came across the you tube channel of Wicked Salty and their Ericson 30+. They don't talk much about the boat. It's more about the experience they are going through. They start up in NH/Maine area and begin their trek down the coast. I left off with them crossing over to the Bahamas. Very good camera work and editing by the youngster named Wes. I was interested in more about the sailing of the Ericson 30+. Since I owned for a while. Most of the sailing/motoring is done through the ICW. Better have a good working motor or your in trouble. I admire what they are doing. Would have been fun to do at that age.