Sailing from Vermont to Maine!

dhill

Member III
Hi everyone!

About a year ago, we purchased a 1987 Ericson 35-3 sailboat and sailed her from her prior port, Shelburne, Vermont, to Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

It was a great trip, traveling south on Lake Champlain, through 12 locks on the Champlain Canal and down the Hudson River to New York City. From there, we follow the East River through Hell Gate into Long Island Sound, along the Connecticut and Rhode Island coast to Buzzards Bay, through the Cape Cod Canal, and then turn north across Massachusetts Bay and into Maine.

If you would like to tag along with us, please check out our video!

If you like what you see, please be sure to leave a like and subscribe!

Thanks!
Dave

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Very nicely done indeed ("Carrots?"). I forgot how green the world is, and how varied the East.

Those memories will last.

dhill

Member III
If anybody has any feedback on how I can improve the video or tell the story better, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dave

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nobody can criticize your work but you. And it was good work.

Some tech points. Kids hold their cell phones vertical because they expect videos to be to be viewed on an iPhone. But people who may someday make a video always shoot Iphone in landscape. Also, in the editing program, you can crop many standard photographs to 16:9, so they fit widescreen view.

Or not! Great job, really.