Rocket Boat Project-which boat/what do you think?

Skip-Buccaneer

Greetings!

As a sobriety present to myself I'm buying a rocket boat toy. I've always wanted one; but never trusted myself to own one as I was deep in the bottle, been sober awhile and wanna reward myself as well as I need a toy to tinker on to fill the hours boozing used too.

I'm having a hard time choosing between 2 particular rocket boat projects.

1-later 60s Glastron Jetflite V-143-( blue boat) guy says he rebuilt floor and transom-powered with a older Rude 60/speed unknown? I'm assuming 35 maybe 40mph?
love the styling how it's like the batmoble with the center console and guy built a bunny pad where the rear cowling was-totally makes boat!!!

30jkwvr.jpg

2-Glastron GT-150-(silver boat) this is the boat type bond did the bayou chase/boat jump in live and let die-Powered with a tower of power older Merc 90/guy claims it does 60mph? Totally stock/O.E.M.

qot6rm.jpg

yea, both relics and thats a particular plus! I want a vintage rocket boat. Seeing it's end of season they're going cheap...

Vessels name shall be "#Cake" pronounced poundcake.
We all know what this means...we're all not that old!
I'm mention this as I know it matters...

anyone with experiences please share!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I would like the performance of the silver but the look of the blue, I guess that is no help. I guess I would go for the speed in the end, that is what you are really looking for isn't it.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Somewhere - not sure where - I recall a story a while back about auctioning off for real $ one of those small vary fast speed boats from one of the earlier Bond pictures. The ones driven by "henchmen" with automatic weapons, as they always are. :0
Interesting trivia.
Loren

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Somewhere - not sure where - I recall a story a while back about auctioning off for real $ one of those small vary fast speed boats from one of the earlier Bond pictures. The ones driven by "henchmen" with automatic weapons, as they always are. :0
Interesting trivia.
Loren

From "Live and Let Die". I think about that chase scene whenever I'm over in LA near Irish Bayou in Slidell.

Congrats on sobriety!