Reporting: Bringing Issues to Our Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
This thread is house keeping that addresses some of the basic rules of the site, and what to do if you are concerned about something you see.

In the most basic sense, the rules of posting to EY.o include:

Rule #1: www.EricsonYachts.org is non-commercial : This decision was made a long, long - time ago - and for very good reason. In a time when everyone and his brother is trying to sell you something or mine you for behavioral data - this site is going the other way. This site is simply about the Ericson line of sailboats, sailing, boating, growing old and having some community where little existed before. If I see/catch someone posting for obvious commercial purposes, I will bounce them faster than you can click your mouse.

Rule #2: www.EricsonYachts.org is apolitical : It's not because we don't all have political beliefs, but rather because we do all have political beliefs and often they vary widely among the 10,000+ members - so somewhere, somehow someone is going to get upset. Please do not engage in political discussion - there are thousands of websites made just for the purpose (try joining www.reddit.com); please utilize their facilities for it, not EY.o.

Rule #3: www.EricsonYachts.org is non-religious : Yes, I know there is something mystical and wonderful and very spiritual about sailing - however some people also see a very technical side, while others see a very social side (I raise my hand here) , while others just use it as an escape. If you get closer to your God by sailing - great. I'm very happy for you. But please, keep it to yourself, and don't proselytize on the website, or I will bounce you faster than the ushers pass the plate in the Methodist Church (and yes, I know - I'm Methodist - so I'm entitled).

Beyond these most basic of rules, EY.o also has User Guidelines for various other elements of the site. Currently these include Blogging and uploading images to the Media modules, and will likely include others as we move forward. You can find these guidelines HERE.

Finally - www.EricsonYachts.org has "Reporting Capability" - which means that you can report any thread, any forum post, blog post, any document, any image or any user at any time. On each item you will typically find small 'Report' link; this is the button you use to report something you find offensive or of concern (below).

Report Image.JPG

What happens when you report someone or something? Well, for starters, it's anonymous to the general membership. The other, more important thing is that reporting a thread or a poster sends a message to all the moderators and to me, the administrator.

This enables those of us who control the site to review the material and the message you have flagged and decide on some relevant action. Also, when you use the reporting system it provides a link back to the item you're discussing so we can see specifically what you're talking about. When you file a report, you will hear from someone from EY.o.

So please do help to keep the peace by following these basic rules, and if you see something that you think is an issue - please bring it to our attention by using the reporting system - it helps all of us.

If you have any questions or concerns on these policies, please contact me via the "Contact Us" link below.

Thanks! :egrin:

//sse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.