PNW 35-3 owners

Momiji

Hi - we're not Ericson owners (yet) but are hoping to get a boat in the coming year, when the right one comes up. We sold our last boat several years ago. We'd love to talk with some current or former 35-3 owners in the PNW area (we're in the Seattle area) about their experiences. Please reach out here or you can send me a direct message too. Much appreciated! -K

Hi - we're not Ericson owners (yet) but are hoping to get a boat in the coming year, when the right one comes up. We sold our last boat several years ago. We'd love to talk with some current or former 35-3 owners in the PNW area (we're in the Seattle area) about their experiences. Please reach out here or you can send me a direct message too. Much appreciated! -K
Good afternoon,

I noticed your inquiry for Ericson 35-3 owners in the PNW. I have a 1986 Ericson 35-3 that we've owned since spring 2004. I live in Redmond and the boat is moored at Shilshole Bay Marina in Ballard. I would be happy to talk with you about the boat.

Best,
Glenn Knitter
S/V Celtic Breeze

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 23

Momiji

Good afternoon,

I noticed your inquiry for Ericson 35-3 owners in the PNW. I have a 1986 Ericson 35-3 that we've owned since spring 2004. I live in Redmond and the boat is moored at Shilshole Bay Marina in Ballard. I would be happy to talk with you about the boat.

Best,
Glenn Knitter
S/V Celtic Breeze
Hi Glenn - thank you so much! We talked with another member of the group last weekend, too. I'll reply to your direct message. -K

SailorJay

I also have a 1986 35-3. I spent 4 months aboard & cruising the Broughton Archipeligo & central BC coast last season. Headed to Haida Gwaii this summer. I'd be happy to answer questions as well

Momiji

I also have a 1986 35-3. I spent 4 months aboard & cruising the Broughton Archipeligo & central BC coast last season. Headed to Haida Gwaii this summer. I'd be happy to answer questions as well
Thanks, SailorJay! I'll send you a direct msg.

We were able to see Glenn's boat a couple of weeks ago and he was so nice to go through his boat and share some time with us talking about Celtic Breeze. I really appreciate all of the replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
The E35-3 is a pleasure to sail in Puget Sound - north and south. Sailing in the Canadian Gulf Islands is even prettier... I found single handing on the E35-3 to be quite straight forward and never had an issue taking her out.

I really loved the entire region and miss it dearly.

//sse

81-OB at Pensrose Pt 2002 - sm.jpg

Kevin A Wright

Member III
Sean, you will be happy to know your Little Boat is still going strong. Just got back from taking the ladies up to Langley for 3 days. I've moved her to Port Orchard from Port Townsend in preparation for my retirement at the end of this year. Also put a new Beta 35 in her and now working on replacing the autopilot after it crapped out on us during this trip. She is still a fine lady and had her doing 7.5kts on the jib alone heading north out of Port Madison.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

cbeveridge

Member I
We have a 1990 35-3 "Seute Deern". She was named by the previous owners. We are based in West Vancouver and have found her to be an amazing boat in the 5 years we have owned her. Sorry for coming to this forum very late!

Momiji

Glad this thread is still getting some interest! I just sent you a msg, cbeveridge. We're still in the market for a boat so always up for seeing or talking with current owners to see what they have done to their boats and get more perspectives. If anyone has info on a 34-2 or 35-3 for sale, feel free to reach out! Last year we spent a lot of time looking at boats. Things in reasonable condition, priced right, seemed to move before we could even get to see them (within a day of listing). So, we're just waiting for the right boat to come along. We also hope the timing works out this year to pop-up to the 2024 PNW Rendezvous, even if we don't have a boat by then.

Momiji

Include the E38 in the search, it's much the same and with various interiors. Price often similar. Same handling characteristics.
They are great boats. We did look at one really closely last year, it was in pretty nice shape, but it was really too much boat for us at the moment. The higher costs for a 38 ft boat, plus increased costs for moorage and all they systems, etc... just didn't pencil out for us.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We trucked our O-34 up here from Oakland in 1994. It was the right boat for us and the truck transport cost has amortized out over the (many!) years.

Last edited: