Guest viewing is limited

oil pan drain tube

jtsai

Member III
This is an embarrassing filthy image of a Universal 25xp oil drain tube, should there be a hose clamp securing the rubber drain tube to the 90 degree elbow? If so, what material is the 90 degree elbow so I won't pinch it when tighten the clamp. The thought of this assembly pops out frightens me.

Attachments

• tempImages5lEsH.png
    tempImages5lEsH.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

jtsai

Member III
Thank you Loren. I need to learn how to take advantage of the search engine. It is a bit of mystery how this site's search engine algorithm works.

After reading the earlier posts and studying the image further, it appears the un-clamped hose is a sleeve over the actual drain tube for vibration protection. The same material is used on other areas but just a lot cleaner! I can now sleep better but will clean up that mess.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I need to learn how to take advantage of the search engine. It is a bit of mystery how this site's search engine algorithm works.
Yup... it does get down to figuring out how to ask the "right question". For this one, I could 'cheat' and put in the words 'banjo fitting' because I had refurbished that little part on our previous Universal diesel. As you prowl around the site more, you will also start to remember names of site members connected with specific types of problem solving, i.e. charging, head plumbing, fuel problems, spars, etc. You put in your search 'word' and then the name of the person that you recall having contributed to discussions of that problem previously.
Not a perfect system, but it's what we have.
Regards,
Loren