New Member Intro

67rway

Member II
I thought it time to introduce myself to the group. I’ve been lurking here since a fellow member introduced me to the virtues of Ericson Yachts, gleaning valuable tidbits (and more) in anticipation of someday joining the ranks.

That day came a couple weeks ago when I became the proud owner of an Olson 34, hull #14. “Goose Chase” as she is now known, is a tall rig base boat in seemingly very original condition, without any rigging/equipment to suggest that she might have been rode hard… at least not yet.

I’m both blessed and cursed being sandwiched between JimK (3 slips away) and Loren Beach (4 slips), among others in our club here in Portland. Blessed by the comradery and guidance; cursed by the inevitable head to head comparisons of their beautiful boats!

I have a lengthy/growing list of maintenance, repairs and upgrades to be done, and look forward to sharing experiences with the group.

Please grant me a wide berth,

Bruce

fool

Member III
Welcome Bruce and Goose Chase!

No need to request a wide berth, there are hundreds of ways to arrive at similar ports, almost as many as there are Ericson's and Olsen's...

How fortunate to be wedged between stellar specimens of the Ericson genre. I'm certain you'll live up to the mark.

Cheers!

MaX

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Welcome

Thanks to the forum, we don’t even feel lonely out here at Ice Station Zebra.

Last edited: