New mast for 35-3

ChrisInMaine

Member II
Without going into details, a car hit my mast and totaled it. His insurance company will be paying for a replacement and now I'm trying to find one

The mast in question has a Kenyon label on it. Of course I'm going to start there, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any advice or pitfalls I should be aware of.

I'm also mindful of the calendar and do not want to spend the summer motoring around in a mastless boat while someone fabs up a new one. So time is of the essence.

Many thanks.

Grizz

Grizz
'Big oops!', eh? Sorry to hear this. Loren made me aware of this situation, so you can blame him...

I was dismasted last summer, Buzz Ballenger of Ballenger Spar Systems built a replacement, shipping from Watsonville CA to Chicago IL tomorrow. Buzz knows the Ericson fleet (and the Olsons!), so that's a good place to start. buzzballenger@att.net
Phone 831-763-1196

Good luck. Hope it works out. Take care.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
@ChrisInMaine

Just looked at your past posts after your transmission question and found this thread. Did you end up replacing the mast or repairing the original. Not too many broken mast posts on this form, it would be interested to hear your experience.

ChrisInMaine

Member II
Sure @Nick J - thanks for the reminder. I wound up replacing with a brand new Selden, courtesy of Maloney Marine Rigging. It was an ordeal and I'm still working with the insurance company 18 months later but the rig is beautiful!