New but not new

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
I have owned an Ericson 28+ for about 13 years and until last May she was birthed at Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City. She now resides happily at Harry's Marina in Westbrook, CT. While I am "new" to posting a comment, I have been a member of the exchange since about 2009. With an older but classic boat of course there is much to discuss, but later. Happy to see the life that has been restored to the exchange. Thanks to the organizers of the site for this good work.

Chschaus

"Voila"
Welcome to Westbrook, we are across the way at Pilots point. I've probably passed by your slip many times on dingy rides to Bill's :D

Last edited:

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
Welcome to Westbrook, we are across the way at Pilots point. I've probably passed by your slip many times on dingy rides to Bill's :D
Hope your spring went well. I'm in need of a mechanic who can work on a fuel pump problem for a Universal Diesel 5411. By any chance have you come across any good marine engine mechanics in the area? BTW, if you see me on Lucky at Harry's as you are passing by please give a shout out. Thanks

Chschaus

"Voila"
Hope your spring went well. I'm in need of a mechanic who can work on a fuel pump problem for a Universal Diesel 5411. By any chance have you come across any good marine engine mechanics in the area? BTW, if you see me on Lucky at Harry's as you are passing by please give a shout out. Thanks
Unfortunately, I don't. We had a good friend who was a top-notch diesel mechanic who did all our work for us but he passed away a couple of yrs ago and I am in the same boat as not knowing anyone. I will surely be looking for you and will give you a shout out if I see you. Hears to a good season, :cheers:

Chschaus

"Voila"
You could check with Pilots Point, they have a full service yard and are highly rated. not cheap but well thought of.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Many of us turn to the diagnosis ourselves, and even the solution. And not by choice...a diesel mechanic who will come to a sailboat for an old engine is hard to find. Forum troubleshooting, Google search works best:

fuel pump problem for a Universal Diesel 5411 site:ericsonyachts.org

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
Many of us turn to the diagnosis ourselves, and even the solution. And not by choice...a diesel mechanic who will come to a sailboat for an old engine is hard to find. Forum troubleshooting, Google search works best:

fuel pump problem for a Universal Diesel 5411 site:ericsonyachts.org
Yes, I have become something of a diagnostician as well. But I don't have the years of experience of a professional. I like to pay pros for their expertise believing that the right diagnosis saves a lot of time and money. They don't have to do the work or even be present. But you have to know where they are. Having someone to do the work of course is an added bonus, and that also is another learning experience. Sail well.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Steve Crane,

Come join the June Virtual Meeting where we discuss Ericson maintenance and sailing. You might be surprised to meet someone that has addressed your fuel pump issue already.

Note: June meeting schedule to be bannered on EYO's home page no later than June 3rd.

Mark "Souleman" Soule