Ice Box Conversion in Progress

SpudE36RH

Member I
Well since it seems we are getting the cruising bug this idea is well received from the provisional Admiral.After doing a 2 niter in summer heat(for Lake Ontario), the ice box with 3 bags didn't make it to the last night really.So whether we are just sitting at home port plugged in full time or away we can enjoy cool foodstuff and beverages. I must say this unit has found Ericson's perfect spot.It was tight getting the jigsaw maneuvered.The space behind was opened up more in the cockpit locker side.There was a basic box for small storage which wasn't a sacrifice.I had to cut out about six inches of poly foam to accommodate the guts of the device behind the scenes.I must say Ericson did a real good job in insulating this Icebox, I'm impressed.Which means max possible poly So great ventilation to the closest cowl.Breathing space for the unit and doesn't encroach much into the cooling space.
So, electrical to run(DC) to own breaker and bolt in place.Dometic NC15, have a wiring graph for length/guage.Cut out was 8 x 12" approximately- shaved here and there to shimmy lower unit parts in.Cruising in 8 days!
John

Attachments

• 20220812_173343.jpg
    20220812_173343.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220812_175921.jpg
    20220812_175921.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 47

JSM

Member III
Put a Norcold dual voltage unit in the galley icebox on our 34-2 two years ago. Don't know how we lived without it.

SpudE36RH

Member I
Well since it seems we are getting the cruising bug this idea is well received from the provisional Admiral.After doing a 2 niter in summer heat(for Lake Ontario), the ice box with 3 bags didn't make it to the last night really.So whether we are just sitting at home port plugged in full time or away we can enjoy cool foodstuff and beverages. I must say this unit has found Ericson's perfect spot.It was tight getting the jigsaw maneuvered.The space behind was opened up more in the cockpit locker side.There was a basic box for small storage which wasn't a sacrifice.I had to cut out about six inches of poly foam to accommodate the guts of the device behind the scenes.I must say Ericson did a real good job in insulating this Icebox, I'm impressed.Which means max possible poly So great ventilation to the closest cowl.Breathing space for the unit and doesn't encroach much into the cooling space.
So, electrical to run(DC) to own breaker and bolt in place.Dometic NC15, have a wiring graph for length/guage.Cut out was 8 x 12" approximately- shaved here and there to shimmy lower unit parts in.Cruising in 8 days!
John
Added a Scircco 11 fan and it is super,tucks out of the way and 360°of function.Three speed settings and even a timer. Having circulation will certainly help sleep etc.Tied into an old reading
light and since my cabin lights have their own switch the fan can run alone on breaker.What else? New 11lb propane tank ,bought a hose to run Magma kettle bbq.The propane locker must of had seven years of dirt in there. So that's it for now.Hoping we get rain soon or getting out of the inner Harbour could be at ram speed, like most of the jetskis leaving the public ramp.Oh and since my wife said can a few of us after yoga sit on the boat after? I scrubbed the teak with the 2 parter Starbrite.Happy sailing.

Attachments

• 20220810_153629.jpg
    20220810_153629.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220817_143212.jpg
    20220817_143212.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220817_143149.jpg
    20220817_143149.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 10