EV100 Installation for E34-2

JSM

Member III
Finally had enough with the old Autohelm 2000 and popped for a new Raymarine EV100. Would very much appreciate hearing from E34-2 owners on where you have installed the components.

EGregerson

Member III
That looks like a nice set up. I installed the computer on the wall (strboard ice box) under the nav table; drilled up thru to run cables to the elect panel. then pulled cables thru the head (up above the vinyl inside the cabinets) thru the existing cable holes; (I might have actually drilled new holes; its been 12 years; the existing holes are small with lots of cables already). the displays are fixed thru holes from the head (after pulling cables thru the strbd lazerette) ; displays are visable from anywhere in the cockpit pretty much. Had to fashion a ring to downsize the original hole; glassed it in. fair winds

Attachments

• Depth Finder hole.JPG
    Depth Finder hole.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 29

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Lots of commentary on instrument arrays. For starters,

JSM

Member III
I probably shoud have been a bit more specific in my original post. I was wondering where the optimal places to mount the actuator and the sensor on a E34-2 might be.

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Not sure how close your galley is to the 32-3's, but maybe this is useful - I aped GrandpaSteve's location for the EV-1:

1592716332608.png

The ACU-100 lives inside the starboard lazarette, mounted on the plywood structure just behind the bench itself.

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
In our 34-2 the EV-1 and ACU-100 are mounted on the forward bulkhead of the starboard lazarette. I like to keep things out of view if possible.

32FF92E4-EAAA-4112-B596-33015B63FF0B.jpegI

The EV-1 is connected to a NMEA2000 network, not a SeatalkNG network, using one of these:

The EV-100 system is capable of steering to more than a compass course. It can steer to a route set by a MFD (we have a Garmin 942xs) or to the wind if you have a wind vane connected to the NMEA2000 / SeatalkNG network. What other electronics will you be connecting to the EV-100?

JSM

Member III
Thanks All for the info, just what I needed. mbp, at the present time the EV-100 is the first NMEA 2000 instrument on the boat. This year is refrigeration and the new autopilot. Next toy on the list is a Raymarine Axiom 9.
Chicago harbors finally open today, time to install the EV-100 and make up for lost time!

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Check the comments of this blog entry for some additional suggestions on where others have placed gadgetry: