Ericson 36C in San Diego **pic heavy**

Rusalka

Hi there, I just wanted to introduce ourselves to the community. We have owned a 1976 Bruce King 36C (Rusalka) since last year. We are in San Diego. We have just been going through systems and doing a mini-refit. Rusalka is running a new complete set of Ullman sails and has a Perkins 4.108. She is all teak up top and down below, in counter fridge and freezer, Force 10 stove and heater.

Here are a few pics taken while doing things on her.IMG_2472.jpegIMG_2776.jpegIMG_2642.jpegIMG_2554.jpegIMG_2608.jpegIMG_2831.jpegIMG_2597.jpegIMG_2598.jpegIMG_2601.jpegIMG_2600.jpeg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have known three surveyors pretty well, and their survey (initial purchase or condition) would have ferreted out a bilge pumping system, and if for some reason this had been removed they would have noted it in capital letters. This would affect insurability as well as safety.
I would keep looking. My experience with an 80's Ericson is that there would be a breaker on the 12 volt panel section marked 'bilge pump' or similar.....

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Teak decks were an option although somewhat rare. I know of one 46 that had them, however the factory would have used a kingplank and a swept deck layout whereby the plank curves mirror the curves of the hull.