Enjoy my electrical horror show

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
willo - An automatic isolation transformer is not an "autotransformer". What you are planning to use will do what you want it to do.

willo

Member II
willo - An automatic isolation transformer is not an "autotransformer". What you are planning to use will do what you want it
Fair enough to avoid confusing people, but I did clearly state that I was referring to isolation transformers in that context.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Fair enough to avoid confusing people, but I did clearly state that I was referring to isolation transformers in that context.
I had not looked around the web for one for a few years... They were normally quite heavy. Quite expensive too.
Now I find some 25 pound versions for sale, but wonder which brands to trust for on board use.
Interesting topic. I often think of the potential advantages of one if and when we might have to tie up in a "hot" marina.

willo

Member II
Not quite done but wanted to share my progress. I'm going to have some better panels made to hold the panels but the wood I made up works for now.
All the dangly wires are disconnected as I go through them.
The bench seat offers storage below and under the seat.
The 24/12 converter is getting located up higher, but I don't have time to get more 8awg bits for that today.

1642890583509.png
Hiding under the countertop, my three MPPTs and off to the side my Cerbo GX. I'm wishing I'd gone ahead and painted more below - it makes is much easier to see. Panels are still waiting on a new bimini to live on.
1642890848586.png

willo

Member II
Nah, home depot butcher block countertop that I cut down a bit and rounded off. Opted for the blue stain to brighten up the place. Oyster white rustoleum marine topside paint on the bulkheads and bench.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Nah, home depot butcher block countertop that I cut down a bit and rounded off. Opted for the blue stain to brighten up the place. Oyster white rustoleum marine topside paint on the bulkheads and bench.
Clever idea!