Editing of Existing Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Question: How does one edit an existing post (to Forums, Blogs, Resources, other)?

After posting any content on the site, you have a limited amount of time to make changes (which I believe is two days as of this writing). Moderators are granted longer periods. After that period, if you need to make edits/changes to a post which cannot be effectively done by adding another post to the same thread (say you wish to add the words "SOLD" to your title in the For Sale/Wanted forum, so people will quit asking you about it), then you have to enlist the assistance of a Moderator or the Admin (me) to resolve it.

The easiest way to do this is to click on the little "Report" button at the bottom of each post. This will provide you with a window to put in what you want done, and a direct link to the post for us to follow, as well as notifying all of us of the presence of your request. You can also use that link to report objectionable posts or other things you find that you have issue with/or are a problem.

Report Button.jpg

These time limits were instituted a few years ago to protect the database from wholesale changes to threads, in order to ensure their continuity and completeness, and were added to the User Agreement during that period as well.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this policy.

Thanks,
//sse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.