E-39B Featured in Good Old Boat, issue 153

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Issue November/December 2023, Page 41. "The late Gordon Lightfoot's 1976 Ericson 39-B, gets a proper refit, hull and rig."
This is a five page article with a lot of photos and information. Lovely boat!
Worth picking up a copy of the magazine, IMHO.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
I'm a subscriber to the digital edition and it does not appear that this issue is out yet. According to the web site, the current issue is Sept/Oct. Do you subscribe to the print edition, and does that version come out earlier? Nothing about it appears on the web site--yet.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'm a subscriber to the digital edition and it does not appear that this issue is out yet. According to the web site, the current issue is Sept/Oct. Do you subscribe to the print edition, and does that version come out earlier? Nothing about it appears on the web site--yet.
Yes, I am a subscriber to the paper version. They do send a shorter digital version out on the off month. Great magazine, IMHO.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Yes, I am a subscriber to the paper version. They do send a shorter digital version out on the off month. Great magazine, IMHO.
Yes, I do get the shorter version but also get the full version of the magazine as a .PDF. I'll be getting it whenever they send out Nov/Dec, which I now see lags behind when the print people get it. I do have Issue 152, which is Sep/Oct.

Roger Janeway

Member II
I wonder where he kept that lovely boat.
Frank
On the Great Lakes. It's unclear from the article in GOB how long Gordon Lightfoot owned the boat, but it described him as its "original owner." His hit "Sundown" was released in 1974 and this is a 1976 model year. Subsequent owners kept her name "Sundown", inscribed on her red boot stripe.