Augmenting an existing blog entry.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I recently wanted to add some information and some pix to a previously published blog entry. I inadvertently ended up adding a new "page" to the blog entry already in place. That's OK, but then I realized that this would not show up under New blogs or threads and would remain invisible to searches and not be noticed by other members. Aside from my having a big ego and wanting my "new" information to attract (hopefully positive) attention.... is this just a normal part of the site software?

The situation started when I had the prior blog entry open, and then looked for a way to put in a new entry and also reference the older entry. Here is where it stands now: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/transom-thruhulls-back-in.872/
No problem really, but I like to find ways to tie relevant material to existing blogs when the information otherwise gets kind of "lost" in the thousands of threads.
Perhaps I should call the difficulty 'linking' to existing material.
Thanks,
Loren
ps: just another "first world" problem, upon further thought.... :)

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I'm thinking that's likely a feature which was tuned back (turned down) because of all the features which were present when we went live under v.5 in 2020... I know that's an option... Let me look into that Loren, and I'll get back to you...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, so you can add individual pages to a blog post, basically creating a multi-tiered post.

This could be say, an intro into what the entire thing is, and then each issue area broken out on individual pages. You kind of stumbled into it, but I think you can see what the value would be if your post needed to be multi-page (image if the entire post was about a cruise - and you made a individual page for each stop, etc.). The public can see both pages and a 'view full entry' option (below)...

1682010920654.png

To correct it, I should think you should be able to copy your text, then go back to the main page of the post, paste it, save it, then come back to the 'new' page and blow it out. Alternatively, since the information you added is an update, you could treat that as a separate page (and demonstrate to others the use of the feature)...

What would you prefer to do?

Last edited:

TKBLACK

Member II
I recently wanted to add some information and some pix to a previously published blog entry. I inadvertently ended up adding a new "page" to the blog entry already in place. That's OK, but then I realized that this would not show up under New blogs or threads and would remain invisible to searches and not be noticed by other members. Aside from my having a big ego and wanting my "new" information to attract (hopefully positive) attention.... is this just a normal part of the site software?

The situation started when I had the prior blog entry open, and then looked for a way to put in a new entry and also reference the older entry. Here is where it stands now: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/transom-thruhulls-back-in.872/
No problem really, but I like to find ways to tie relevant material to existing blogs when the information otherwise gets kind of "lost" in the thousands of threads.
Perhaps I should call the difficulty 'linking' to existing material.
Thanks,
Loren
ps: just another "first world" problem, upon further thought.... :)
Good Grief Loren. You are reading my thoughts. At this moment I want to add a picture of the aft Captain’s berth.
I’ll give to u :cool:
From Karin

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5