86 E36 at auction in Cleveland

Puget sailor

Member II
I stumbled on this upcoming salvage auction in Cleveland. Date not scheduled yet. Research by hull number suggests it's an '86 E36.
I'm always surprised to see boats like this at a vehicle auction yard, the cost just to transport them there must be crazy, and then they need to be transported away too.
By the looks of it, it could be an unpaid yard situation, very hard to say. Bottom looks minty fresh, and there seems to be supports on deck for mast storage. The mast I do not see in the pics, but may be there on the ground, hard to say.

Buying from these sources can be tricky, but this thing could go for very very little or next to nothing. It would take an inspection to find out what's really going on.

Anyway, be nice for somebody appreciative to get this thing vs some recycle operation I guess, but most likely only for a buyer in the area.

Based on the hull number, it appears to be this boat:

e36.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My guess is that it is an E-35-3 model. If there is an undamaged mast the boat would be worth restoring, IMHO. Appears to be a "max prop" on the shaft. It was somebody's baby... once upon a time...
My SWAG for the cost of a new mast/rig would be maybe 20 to 25K all up. Just a guess, tho, if one is needed.