1984 Ericson 28+, Portland, CT; Much TLC Needed

jreddington

Member III
It's with a heavy heart I post this. After many years it's time for me to part with Lady J, my 1984 Ericson 28+. Health and family situation prevents me from completing some badly needed projects or enjoying her out on the water.

I am offering her first here to someone with some significant skills, stamina, and patience.

She sits on the hard in a yard in Portland, CT.

First, here are here biggest challenges.

The deck has significant delamination. The stern pulpit is wiggly on the port side.

The rudder is in sketchy shape. Have patched it a few times but those patches are coming loose.

The cabin sole has been removed for replacement. Two of the three replacement panels have been cut to fit except for the bilge access hatches. The bottom of the panels have been epoxy coated and the topsides varnished. A raw teak and holly 4×8 panel is included.

The interior teak varnish has been stripped. All door panels and slides have been removed and varnished. The rest of the interior needs varnish.

Both the electric and hand bilge pumps are not functioning.

The engine ran well the last season a couple years ago except for a small leak in the recirc water pump. Two AGM batteries, stored at home, are included.

The sails only have a couple summers on them.

The yard bill is paid for the summer. If taken by water (Connecticut River) that includes launching. If taken by trailer, I will pay the yard for taking the mast down.

The boat is free. However, the yard expects boats to be insured if it will be there for a while.

This is a project. Please, SERIOUS inquiries only to my email, jreddington@comcast.net.

I will try and take and attach some photos later this week.

jreddington

Member III
Some photos attached.

Attachments

• 20230722_131310.jpg
    20230722_131310.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230722_131259.jpg
    20230722_131259.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230722_131248.jpg
    20230722_131248.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230722_131723.jpg
    20230722_131723.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230722_131222.jpg
    20230722_131222.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230722_131204.jpg
    20230722_131204.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 20

mainer

It's with a heavy heart I post this. After many years it's time for me to part with Lady J, my 1984 Ericson 28+. Health and family situation prevents me from completing some badly needed projects or enjoying her out on the water.

I am offering her first here to someone with some significant skills, stamina, and patience.

She sits on the hard in a yard in Portland, CT.

First, here are here biggest challenges.

The deck has significant delamination. The stern pulpit is wiggly on the port side.

The rudder is in sketchy shape. Have patched it a few times but those patches are coming loose.

The cabin sole has been removed for replacement. Two of the three replacement panels have been cut to fit except for the bilge access hatches. The bottom of the panels have been epoxy coated and the topsides varnished. A raw teak and holly 4×8 panel is included.

The interior teak varnish has been stripped. All door panels and slides have been removed and varnished. The rest of the interior needs varnish.

Both the electric and hand bilge pumps are not functioning.

The engine ran well the last season a couple years ago except for a small leak in the recirc water pump. Two AGM batteries, stored at home, are included.

The sails only have a couple summers on them.

The yard bill is paid for the summer. If taken by water (Connecticut River) that includes launching. If taken by trailer, I will pay the yard for taking the mast down.

The boat is free. However, the yard expects boats to be insured if it will be there for a while.

This is a project. Please, SERIOUS inquiries only to my email, jreddington@comcast.net.

I will try and take and attach some photos later this week.
still available?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
still available?
Best way to follow up is to click on the member's name, then click on "start conversation". This sends a private message to their email addy. Then you can exchange emails or phone calls, your choice. Good luck!