“So how do you do that?”

Bolo

Contributing Partner
A little while ago I was adding my two cents to another forum and in the course of doing so I included this :egrin: smiling Ericson face to my comments. My first mate, who was just happen to be looking over my shoulder at the time (I can’t get away with anything here) asked, “So how do you do that?” “Do what”, I asked. “Add that little smiling Ericson face.” I explained her that she’d have to become a member of the EYO site but first learn the secret handshake, be a man (which seems to now be possible these days) and go through an initiation ritual that might involve keel hauling. Of course she didn’t believe me so I added that any divorce court would rule that she owned half of Vesper, our E32-3, but like the biblical story about the found baby that two women each wanted only to be almost settled by a ruler threading to cut it in half and give each a portion of the child….that probably wouldn’t work with a sailboat either. So I confessed that she can surely join EYO if she desired since she is a “co-owner”. She’s still considering it so you might see “Mrs. Bolo” appear here in a few days. Who knows.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not the first a spouse has opted for a separate site identity....
Just do not reveal the Secret Handshake!
:)

Hey, anyone else fondly recall their local FM station playing copies of Old Time Radio in the 70's with episodes of Fibber McGee and Molly? The Lodge Brother "secret" greeting phrase was great fun!
Our big "boat spare parts" cupboard in he basement has a certain Fibber McGee quality to it, also.... !