‘93 Ericson 34-2 built by Pacific SeacraftM

TKBLACK

Member II
Must share and fiind a new owner = sell our beloved Ericson. We are the second owner/caretakers and adventuring folks to sail and cruise her. ACHATES ( Greek for faithful friend and loyal companion). Mored at the Bremerton Yacht Club in Bremerton, WA.
length 34, beam 11’ 4”, deep fin keel 6’ 4” or 6’ 6”. Fiberglass with hard dodger, manual anchor windless. 8’ Walker Bay tender. 2 HP Honda gas outboard. Volvo Penta Marine Diesel 2003-B.
Carol Hasse sails 2011. So much more…360-377-7031 home phone
Tom & Karin Black

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 91

TKBLACK

Member II

Attachments

• IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 71

TKBLACK

Member II
Vessel at dock in WA on Phinney Bay - Tom at helm sailing up Jervis Inlet in BC - Departing from Texada dock in BC

TKBLACK

Member II
Apologies- I’ve not yet learned how to caption a photo.
Companion way and head aft. So private and convenient. We hang a solar shower outside and bring the spray nozzle in via the port opening when not hanging sun shower in cockpit to rinse off.
Tom added an extension to the stern ladder on the reverse transom. It lowers down for easy swimming and return. The extended steps fold back up to be secured on the rail. IMG_3121.jpegIMG_3119.jpeg

TKBLACK

Member II
“Pod mounts”? What?
Apologies- I’ve not yet learned how to caption a photo.
Companion way and head aft. So private and convenient. We hang a solar shower outside and bring the spray nozzle in via the port opening when not hanging sun shower in cockpit to rinse off.
Tom added an extension to the stern ladder on the reverse transom. It lowers down for easy swimming and return. The extended steps fold back up to be secured on the rail. View attachment 46784View attachment 46785

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 38

TKBLACK

Member II
Hi there,
Tom has the info u desire, but he is in hospital still. If you phone our home 360-377-7031 and leave your call back number he can contact u When able. I do know he did research on the size of manual windlass needed. He then measured to install the back up frame in the anchor locker. The original anchor locker door on deck was cut. Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Karin

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Master threads

Windlass Install 1 https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/ericson-windlass-installation-master-thread.14903/
Windlass Install 2 https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/windlass-installation-for-ericson-32-iii.3464/

manual install:

Last edited:
Master threads

Windlass Install 1 https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/ericson-windlass-installation-master-thread.14903/
Windlass Install 2 https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/windlass-installation-for-ericson-32-iii.3464/

manual install:

I looked at the first thread before, it’s a great install but it really don’t want to go that deep.
I’ll be trying to sort an install within the existing locker pan.
I know I’ll always have to tail, I can live with that for now.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
For what it’s worth, here is the video for my YouTube channel of the Lofrans manual in action. Easy install, compared to other things on the boat. No batteries, cables, switches, etc. which makes it reliable. Yes, it’s slower than an electric but what’s your hurry? One criticism I’ve heard was, “What if you‘re in a tight anchorage with other boats nearby or are close to a lee shore where you have to get the anchor up fast?” My response is, “Why did you put yourself in a tight anchoring situation like that in the first place? What if your electric windlass fails?”