Sailors Helping Sailors

Maine Sail

Member III
This past weekend Tim R. organized a work party for a friend of ours who's lifelong sailing companion & father passed away within the last two weeks. Unfortunately with events like this you don't have time to think of much else, especially boat work.

While racing last week Tim asked Chris how much he had left to do before launch and we quickly realized he needed some help. Tim & his wife got myself and two other local sailors to lend a hand.

It's amazing what you can accomplish in just one Saturday when you want to.

BTW everyone should have a wife like Tim's!! She's no slouch and can do the work of three lesser men..

9:00 am:
113215499.jpg

9:30 am:
113215502.jpg

Working down the cove stripe Before/After:
113215509.jpg

The toughest reflection is always straight on:
113215506.jpg

The detail in the reflection tells when it's shiny enough to start waxing:
113215508.jpg

My shoulders still hurt..
113215504.jpg

She came out amazingly well for a 1987 that was fairly chalky! Actually she looks like she was recently painted..
smile.gif

I think we need to do more tag team events. It makes quick work of big projects..

Big thanks to Tim R. and his wife for organizing this salior to sailor event & thanks to Chris for the Maine style Margaritas in a bucket. (I still think the stbd side will prove to have come out better than the, after margarita's, port side.
biggrin.gif

Chris A.

Member III
Tim, Kathy, Rodd, Erik, Chris, Ilana, Sara, Andrew, Jennifer and Mom- THANK YOU. That was a real barn-raising, Maine style.

Somewhere up there Dad is smiling. And having a great sail.

Cheers,