• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The Russians ... Are Here.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
All -

Please be aware that over the last three/four days, the site has been under attack by hackers originating in Russia and (to a lesser extent) Ukraine.

Since Thursday, July 25th, 2019 - your moderators and myself have wiped out hundreds of new accounts and posts from these people, and have also banned their IP addresses, email addresses and other credentials. I just deleted another 120+ this morning.

Because of this, I have elected to begin manually approving new accounts again - so if you know of someone who wants access on the site - the easiest way for them to do it follow the procedures, create a new account -- and then send me a note via the 'Contact Us' sheet at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully this will not last too long -- this time. As usual, if you see something, please email me and let me know.

Thanks for your vigilance.

//sse

kapnkd

kapnkd
All -

Please be aware that over the last three/four days, the site has been under attack by hackers originating in Russia and (to a lesser extent) Ukraine.

Since Thursday, July 25th, 2019 - your moderators and myself have wiped out hundreds of new accounts and posts from these people, and have also banned their IP addresses, email addresses and other credentials. I just deleted another 120+ this morning.

Because of this, I have elected to begin manually approving new accounts again - so if you know of someone who wants access on the site - the easiest way for them to do it follow the procedures, create a new account -- and then send me a note via the 'Contact Us' sheet at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully this will not last too long -- this time. As usual, if you see something, please email me and let me know.

Thanks for your vigilance.

//sse
v

Saw the GARBAGE going on and thanks for YOUR vigilance! It IS what it is in these days of which we now live! “THEY” are just ever so lucky WE Ericson folks cannot actually get our physical hands on their throats!!!

Enough problems in the world with politics, religion, non religion and who knows what else! BUT THIS SITE should and WILL BE remaining immune to it all and dedicated to Ericson owners regardless of their beliefs but instead their shared appreciation and love of a well built yacht and maintaining of it!! WE are ALL committed to creating a bond of unity, discussion and rational thoughts and thinking - NOT division or the acceptance of perverse subjective materials!

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
BILGE PUMP. I swear I typed bilge pump, and not Big Booty...

Good job with the cleanup guys, thanks.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
How we'd Like to greet spammers

Picture of the Ericson IT Department Head.
Sean, in his formal wear...

:egrin:

Attachments

• Viking Chieftan.jpg
    Viking Chieftan.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks so much for getting this resolved! It was troubling to see it, and we don't want to lose this site!
I sure appreciate the work you do!
Frank

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Thanks for doing this, Sean. I've never run a forum but I did hear of an idea somewhere that cuts spamming to zero by requiring the first few posts to be reviewed by an admin before the account is fully authorized. Obvious spam never gets approved. But there's a new kind of spammer out there who makes innocuous, zero-information posts like "this post was very helpful to me, thank you" as a way of overcoming a one-post filter.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Upgrade Warning - Weekend of Aug 17th, 2019

[h=2][/h]
UPDATE (081019) - I am now planning to do a site upgrade to vB4.25 next weekend - August 17th.

I was going to try and do it this weekend, but was too busy with work this weekend to do any research on the upgrade.

I will continue planning on this and advise later in the week - but next weekend should be it.

Thanks,
//sse​

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Upgrade had issues that would pull down our archive software - so I've delayed.

On the happy side of the news - I can tell you that our move to a new platform is looking very likely around the holidays - in December/January. I will provide an update again to discuss - but it is long overdue.

Stay tuned...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Site was updated to 4.2.5 so I am un-sticking this thread....

Hopefully we'll see a more permanent solution to this issue at the end of the year...

//sse