• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Good folks in San Diego area

juneausailin

Member II
Just wanted to share a good experience I had/am having with some folks in the S.D. area. I recently, as of this week, purchased a 1984 E38 and Yachtfinders/Windseekers was the broker I worked with. Steve "Rock" Rogers was my broker and he was really great to work with. He has bent over backwards to help me with the transaction and lining up folks to do work on the boat for me. I ended up getting the boat for under 20K after some barganing and allowance for engine and such, so, he wasn't making any money on this sale but has still gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping me, driving me around to west marine, and helping make arrangements on my behalf with the yard and diesel folks at Pacwest, loaning me tools and what not. Just wanted to give Kudos and recomend Steve if you are looking for an honest, down to earth broker in the S.D. area to help you find a good boat and or deal.

Also, the surveyor I used came recomended from some folks on this web site. His name is Mike Herlihy and he works out of Christian and Co. Surveyors. Did a great job and his survey ended up helping me knock 15K off the agreed sale price of the boat.

Just wanting to share a positive experience, no vested interest in any of the afore mentioned businesses.

-david

oceanview

Member I
I just bought an E38 in San Diego as well and had a similar experience with some of the same people. My broker was Bob Bryan from California yacht sales, the boat was listed with Yachtfinders /Ron Gullan and my surveyor was Mike Herlihy too. They all were great to work with. Bob I’ve known for a few years as he sold my last Ericson for me. He really went out of his way for me, I think he’s a real good guy. Ron, I only met a few times (sea trial and survey) very nice guy. The two are old friends and with one representing the seller and the other the buyer I feel like we ended up with a solid deal for both the po and me. Mike Herlihy, of Christian and Company did the survey. I think he did a great job and would recommend him to anyone.
Did you buy Alondra II? She was at Shelter Island Boat Yard when I had mine surveyed. Cheers! :egrin:

juneausailin

Member II
Yes!

Hey OceanView, yes I bought Alondra II... I think you have some gear for sale which I would like to look at. Am in S.D. today and tomorrow... Do you have any info on the folding prop? I will be down in the boat yard today working on Alondra, it's tied up at the shelter island dock right next to the lift.

Ahem, back on topic :)... Yes, so needless to say Steve has restored my faith somewhat in humanity and brokers in general as my last boat I had a less than stellar experience with the broker and even surveyor I was working with as they ended up kinda being in kahoots. Learned some lessons out of that experience no doubt.

Cheers,
david

seajunkie

Member I
Rigger too

I had a great experience in San Diego today as well. Kasey Campbell a local rigger hooked me up with very short notice. I was in a jam and he really went out of his way to help me out on a holiday weekend. He has owned KC Performance rigging, but is the new owner of Pacific Offshore Rigging. He is a talented rigger and and knows how to take care of his customers.

Rich