• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Goosneck issues

Sven

Seglare
When we had the standing rigging redone a little over a year ago there were some things that were not well done. One thing that I recently discovered was that when the fittings were taken off the mast for refinishing some of the threads for the screws holding the gooseneck in place were stripped. When I discovered it one of the screws was actually just held in place with caulk ... I could pull it out with my fingers without turning it ! The one above it had some threads holding it in place but just barely.

We went ahead and drilled out the goosneck fitting for larger screws and threaded the hole in the mast for that larger size.

It was not a big deal to fix the problem but it sure was uncomfortable realizing what had been done and what could have happened if we hadn't spotted the problem.

-Sven

Attachments

• DSC_4554.jpg
    DSC_4554.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_4556.jpg
    DSC_4556.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Thanks for Sharing

Sven,

Since I am in the area, I want to know who did the work. If you don't want to post here, then can you PM me so I know who to avoid if ever I need work done?

Thanks

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
At the risk of being attacked, I think this is just a sad reflection of the state of affairs in many areas of American society today...

Three olives in that martini, please...

Sven

Seglare
Since I am in the area, I want to know who did the work. If you don't want to post here, then can you PM me so I know who to avoid if ever I need work done?

I'll PM.

At the risk of being attacked, I think this is just a sad reflection of the state of affairs in many areas of American society today...

Three olives in that martini, please...

I wish you weren't right but I think you are. The danger of pointing out the mistakes in anyone's workmanship is that there is no guarantee that the other guy's will be any better. There is no real accountability and you have to micromanage everyone from crooked bankers to diesel mechanics.

-Sven