• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e29 fuel leak?

thomthod

Member II
So we had a race Saturday and I ended up with about 2+ gallons of diesel fuel under my engine. I syphoned it out along with about a gallon in the area where the stuffing box is. I recently took out the tank to clean it, and I think somehow the lines drained into the stuffing box area and when we heeled on Saturday it dumped into the area under the engine.

After I cleaned it all out I ran the engine in gear for 20 minutes and no fuel which reinforces my taking out the tank theory. I checked all the lines even for cracks and nothing. I know my racor is snug as well as the filter on the engine. So what to do what to do?

T

Blooz Traveler
71 E29:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I've been aboard an E-29, but could not describe the fuel system without Cliff's Notes...
:nerd:
One thing to check for on any boat where spilled fuel appears after a good sail with some heeling and bouncing around is the top portion of the tank.

Check the fill hose connection for proper double-clamp connections and hose integrity. Then the small return hose and it's clamp. If there is a small plate where an old mechanical gauge is installed on the top, check that.
Gasket for a clean out port (if installed): same comment.
Also check on the fill hose connection to the deck fill fitting.

Just putting in a SWAG or two... based on years of wandering around the innards of boats....

Best,
Loren