• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Manson Supreme Anchor

lbertran

Member III
I'm thinking about getting a 35# Manson Supreme anchor but not sure how well it'll fit on my bow roller. Any owners of a 35-3 or similar with a Manson Supreme hanging off the bow? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

chasandjudy

chas and judy
A

Funny you should ask. The post on Bruce anchors got me thinking about the Manson Supreme again and I found the following lively, to say the least, thread on SailNet:

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/33231-manson-supreme.html

The Rocna seems to be the pinnacle of this design, with the Manson a lower priced alternative...

Just as an observation : I have a 35 lb CQR on my E 30+, 60 ft of chain,which is attached with a swivel, this is braided to the three strand nylon rode of 200 ft. I installed an anchor winch last year, (best investment I ever made). I will be glad to show it off at the Port Townsend Rendezvous this Father's Day weedend in June . I use a Danforth 13C as a lunch hook ,25 ft of chain and braided nylon.

chas and judi sv-eden@telus.net (Eden in a 1986 E30+ we have cruised raced and owned for 15 years it has many up grades including drawers

lbertran

Member III
Rocna and Manson

Hi, Mark-
That thread you link to is a couple years old and a lot of arguments have transpired since then as to the merits of Rocna vs Manson Supreme:egrin: Maine Sail has had several really helpful posts on other forums about this. Seems the two anchors are pretty evenly matched in terms of performance. I have a chance to pick up a two year old 35# Manson Supreme for a nice price and now need to figure out if it'll work on my bow. Here's a link to more recent discussion about these anchors.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f118/rocna-anchor-fail-59164.html

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Chas & Judy,

As I also own anE30+, I'm curious about where you installed the anchor winch, and what extra support you had to build in. A picture would be even better, if possible.

Also, where did you build in drawers? Storage is a real issue on the E30+, so any enhancements in this area would be quite worthwhile.

Thanks,
Frank

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I, too, would like to see that windlass installation...

Yeah, I saw that the thread was older, and I recall that I did go through quite a search a while back to gather info on both anchors and came to the conclusion that the Manson was what I would buy when I had the money. Seems like the Rocna is now manufactured in China and may have material quality issues?

Last edited:

tdtrimmer

Member II
Laura,
I too am looking to purchase a Manson Supreme 35# and will be interested to hear how it fits on your bow roller. Right now it looks like WM is the best price when considering shipping costs. Let me know if you find any other deals on one.
Tom

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Drawers and anchor winch locations

Chas & Judy,

As I also own anE30+, I'm curious about where you installed the anchor winch, and what extra support you had to build in. A picture would be even better, if possible.

Also, where did you build in drawers? Storage is a real issue on the E30+, so any enhancements in this area would be quite worthwhile.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank,
I hear your in Naniamo We sail up their at least once a year , two drawers are under the port side. they are 12x4 in. , A small one 4X8 under the setee facing the bow, the dish rack was moved from the port side near the sink, a micro wave installed and the dish rack installed under the port locker facing aft, A 4x10 inch drawer was installed over the hanging locker and edges tappered to fit under the deck angle We lowered the open locker by the chart table and built a 8x8 long 20" drawer in over the hanging wet locker, be happy to show you some time I cruise the Gulf Islands in the summer extensivly and I will be at the Rendezvous in Port Townsend Father's Day Weekend. I am quite pleased with the electric anchor winch installation .

Chas and Judi SV- Eden 250 888-4503 or 250 478-3669
"Let's Get Our Ship's Together"

lbertran

Member III
Hi, Tom-
I got a used Manson Supreme #35 locally on Craigslist for about half of the WM price. Haven't got it hanging on the bow yet because the 5/8" thick anchor shank was too stout for my anchor shackle so I'm waiting for a new Crosby shackle I ordered. I'll post a photo as soon as I get it all together so you can see the fit.

lbertran

Member III
Manson Supreme Anchor on Bow Roller

The 35# Manson Supreme fits nicely on the 35-3 bow roller. Tim Reilly had assured me it would be so and he was right, as usual!

Attachments

• Anchor on Roller.JPG
    Anchor on Roller.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 1,400
Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the picture!

Picking up a similar anchor is on our to-do list in a couple of years.

We've been fairly happy with our Delta 35, but the next time we go somewhere where we'll be anchoring a lot (after the little one gets a little older) I want something a little beefier.

Last edited: