• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wind sensor

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I am considering investing in a Airmar PB 150 Th get my wind speed and direction information. I am interested because of it's having a small size with no moving parts, and additional weather information. It appears to be a perfect solution to the broken transducers that seem to work best as bird perches. Has anyone used one of these guys? If so how well do they work? Thanks in advance. Edd

robjpowell

Member II
I installed an Airmar PB200 last year when I reworked the mast. I don't have any photos handy but it is mounted on a custom bracket that puts it ~15" in front of the mast and 18" above. Last season it was simply running to an Actisense N2K-)183/USB converter and into the laptop. I was very pleased with how stable the compass and wind was even when moving in the seaway. I don't know though if any of that was due to damping/averaging in the software I am using (Boat Cruiser) or the actual sensor. I just today added a Furuno RD33 display that will in due course be mounted in the cockpit. All in all I think it well worthwhile. You might want to check out a thread on Panbo.com regarding using the PB200 for sailing.

Rob