• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-35 restoration

Barr88

Member II
Hello all,
I am a new member to this board and very excited about all the info available. I have an E-35 mkII. My dad is the second owner of the boat since about 85 I think. He raced the boat nearly to the grave. However, I love the boat and decided it needed a resurrection. So over the last three years I am finally done with the deck, I tore off the top skin replaced the balsa and re- glassed the top. Slapped on some awl grip and now it looks great. I got some great tips from the forum on building a new hatch cover, so that's the next project. I'm focusing on the top sides now so I need some advise on cleaning up the stainless, specifically the long tracks for the jib blocks. They are dull and scratched as is the tiller mount. Any ideas? I also need to replace the windows and the life line stansions. Anyone know where to get these?

My next concern is electrical and mechanical. And When the season is over I'll paint the hull and start ripping out ALL the interior wood for replacement. FUN Stuff!

I'll try to keep the post coming with project pics

Anyone with restoration experience, I'd love some advise

I look forward to the banter

See ya soon

Barr88

Member II
Forward hatch hardware

Anyone know where I can get the hinges and latches for the forward hatches on my E-32?

kari

Member III
Go to anything-sailing.com, then to the maintenance forum, there is a used equipment suppliers list thread there, it's a sticky right at the top, good luck...

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I got new replacement hinges props and latches at Swensons in Alameda Ca. about a year ago. They had all the exact parts on the wall of their standard hardware and walked right to them when I took in the old stuff expecting them to look at it like an extinct fossil. It made both me and my 35-2 happy! Edd

Bob Neumann

Stancions

Railmakers in Costsa Mesa, CA provided me with replacement stancions. You need to be specific about the gate stancions if you are using a support brace. Railmakers was very helpful and the new stancions look great. Bob