• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

yet another head plumbing tread

wolly bugger

Member II
I have read many threads on this site about head plumbing and understand fairly well how this works. My problem/question is that I cannot find the place to fit it all in my E25. The h.t. will be under the v-berth but everything else needs to be in the head for access and room to the vent loop. I just don't see how I can fit it all it there. So far am I right?

The best solution I have found is to give up the direct overboard discharge from the head and rout it straight to the h.t.. From there I can pump it overboard through the vented loop when allowed to do so or have it pumped at the dock.
Is there any option I am not seeing that will allow me to keep the overboard discharge?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
On my E29 the discharge is under the front of the settee on the starboard side along with the water intake for the head and the drain for the sink in the Head. The path is head to holding tank and the tank has a pumpout to the deck, and a drain to a hand pump under the V berth and that hose passes under the sink cabinet to the thruhull under the starboard settee. Food for thought.

wolly bugger

Member II
head plumbing

Thanks Randy.
Both of my thru hull are right behind the head so most of the plumbing need to be there. It is such a tight place on the E25 (no sink or cabinet and no room for any of it) that as much as I would like to keep the direct discharge, I think my best option is to go without it.
I am just trying to fish around to see if someone have a better solution.
Thanks for your input.

Wysailer

Member II
Plumbing for head

this is an installation I have seen for a E25cb that I hope to replicate on my E25cb. The holding tank is under the vberth with the vent, deck pump out above the head.

Maybe this might be a solution for you.

Scott
Diversion
E25cb

Attachments

• Completed Head 2.jpg
    Completed Head 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Competed Head 1.jpg
    Competed Head 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 52

wolly bugger

Member II
head plumbing

scott,
looking at your picture it seems like the Y valve diverts the waste either to the deck pump out or to the manual pump and then to the thru hull. The head discharge seems to go through de vented loop and in to the h.t. That does not look right to me, could you clarify that?

Doug,
That look like a good solution but for my use I think I'm better to stick with the traditional head/h.t.
Thanks

Last edited:

Wysailer

Member II
Direction

The y valve either goes o the holding tank or the deck pump out.
Since this installation was for inland lakes I don't think there is a thru hull between the head and the holding tank.

Scott

wolly bugger

Member II
I have one last question before I tackle this project. I got a macerator pump that have tread that allow screwing directly to the tank and a hose fitting in front of it that will go a couple inches inside the tank if the direct attachment is to be use. Or I can install a fitting to the tank and have a section of hose to the pump. Is one better then the other?
Attaching the pump to the tank will required less fitting so less chance for leak but it look like it will be harder pick up everything from the tank. I'm I right? Using the fitting and hose will allow me to have the pump at a better location for servicing when needed. Is anybody have any experience or opinion about all of this?