• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

installation of two vents on deck

Cruella

we need to install vents on deck, but we are still looking to find where they wont be in the way. any picture of yours or ideas? and we have one hole on port just besides the guardrail for a vent but cannot find the correct size to fit it in... need help.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
We installed a $" Nicro stainless steel solar chargeable vent in the middle of the main hatch cover above the salon. It changes out about 800 cu. ft. of air per hour, so keeps air circulating in the boat, looks good there, and doesn't interfere with use of the hatch. As well, in that position it doesn't catch lines and we don't trip over it. It works well for us.

Frank

Cruella

installation of vent

good idea, is it hard enough so we can walk on it, have a 4 years old son that goes everywhere. picture would be nice and where can I buy it, any web site..

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Vents...

I cannot help you with your E-38 deck vent question, but since the subject of vents on the cabin or hatch has come up, here is picture of one of the two Beckson vents I installed over a decade ago. Our boat was in need of ventilation when we bought it. I added one of these ss vents on each side of the hatch, for the head on one side and aft cabin on the other side.
No noise, no batteries, no problems.

I have seen one of these put into a plastic hatch lens, but would not saw a hole in any of my expensive Lewmars to do that. :p

Anyhow, here it is.

LB

Attachments

• clutchStopperview.jpg
    clutchStopperview.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 46

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
You can find these vents at most chandleries, but do a search on Nicro vents and you will find them. They come stainless steel and plastic, 3" and 4". I like the stainless 4" and yes, they are very strong. But you may want to teach your 4 year old son not to walk on either the hatches or the handrails--might as well start them off right! :egrin:

Frank