• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing to the Isthmus on Great Thursday

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Planing on sailing to the Isthmus on Great Thursday, April 21st, day before Good Friday, because it is bad luck to depart on a Friday. May only stay until Saturday the 23rd. My Boss said good weather is guaranteed. I am hoping the wild flower blooms will attract the Easter Bunny.
:unsure:
:egrin:

Special K

Member II
Enjoy the voyage

I hope you enjoy your voyage, but don't forget to post some video. I have followed your prior videos. It is great to be able to share in someone's adventure.

Sven

Seglare
Jeff,

So that would be in two weeks ?

We're heading over tomorrow for a few days. Doing work while on a mooring.

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Thanks Jeff, it was great ! After 5 days it was tough to come back but we have some land chores and lots of Senta chores to do so enough relaxation for this time.

Mark, the new rudder is noticeably better in following seas. We weren't fighting every swell like we used to have to do. In reverse there is also noticeably more control but nowhere near what you'd get in a boat with a keel-hung rudder and a prop-hole. You still have to pick up speed before you get reverse control, makes sense since the prop is many feet in front of the rudder, but now we can do the reverse-gun-and-steer-forward which is 100% better than it was before :egrin: <- extra big grin actually !

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Planing on sailing to the Isthmus on Great Thursday, April 21st, day before Good Friday, because it is bad luck to depart on a Friday. May only stay until Saturday the 23rd. My Boss said good weather is guaranteed. I am hoping the wild flower blooms will attract the Easter Bunny.
:unsure:
:egrin:

Were they still charging winter rates ?

I'm asking because when we were last there they said the winter weekly rate was only one more week and we thought they lasted until Memorial day ?

We'll probably head over on Sunday, after the yard sale at Cabrillo.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Nope, winter rates end on Palm Sunday, the week before Easter. Cost me $28. bucks a night. Time to open up a bleed the bill folds again.
:(

Sven

Seglare
Nope, winter rates end on Palm Sunday, the week before Easter. Cost me $28. bucks a night. Time to open up a bleed the bill folds again.
:(

:crying:

We've really gotten used to a week for $66 so we're probably in for a shock. More incentive to get the new anchor windlass installed. I know they are suffering financially but it will still hurt.

Time to see if they have the rates posted on line so we can steel ourselves and fill the wallet. It will be strange to have other boats around too.

-Sven