• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Maximum capacity E28+

Gary G

Member II
We normally sail with 4 or 5 adults aboard our E28+. I'm wondering, though, how many adults (or total passenger weight) was this boat designed to carry safely? Does anyone know that or how I can find out?

DanielW

E-28 Owner
Very much depends upon the kind of sailing you are doing and remember, there are many other factors to consider when it comes to weight.

We recently took my E28 on a five day cruise with four adults, a full diesel tank, 40 liters of spare diesel, 15 liters of petrol for the outboard, food and booze (inc 5 cases of beer, a full cool box and a full Eski), two anchors totaling 22.5 KG, plus 60 ft of chain, full water tank (plus my extra water tank - around 60 gallons in total) plus an extra 20 liters of frozen water in bottles.

With some careful thought about weight distribution all fitted in nicely and all bunks were usable (if you don't mind cuddling up to the spinnaker, boat hook, charts, bags etc :egrin:).

Did the boat feel cramped and heavy? A little bit but at no point did it ever feel unsafe, she's a sturdy boat and more than took it all in her stride. No-one complained, the attitude was great and we had a blast, performance was fine - 7.5 kts on a nice run in 15-20 knts of wind.

I think you're fine with 4-5 adults.

Hope this helps.

DanielW

E-28 Owner
hehe, all of the above, although I must admit, we did manage to bring almost a whole case back with us (better overstocked than under eh!). Here's a photo to prove you can happily cruise an E28 to the equator and back 4 up with all the accouterments :egrin: : -

Attachments

• 175807_10150094609587909_634637908_6286927_7080852_o.jpg
    175807_10150094609587909_634637908_6286927_7080852_o.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 147

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Talk about bringing some back. The last trip was two days on the North Atlantic ( the charts call the waters off Florida's east coast the N Atlantic) My girlfriend bought a six pack for me for the trip and I realize I have a drinking problem I brought five home after the trip. How can I call myself a sailor with a drinking problem like that?