• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Choat" or "Chote" or ?

Sven

Seglare
We got a recommendation for a guy with a name that sounds like "Choat" to build us a new rudder. At one point we had his contact info but now we can't find it.

I think he's a boat builder as well as a fiberglass guy. I assume he's a SoCal person but maybe not ?

Does it ring any bells for anyone ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Dan Morehouse

Member III
There's a Dennis Choate in SoCal who is a boatbuilder. The website is www.denchomarine.com. I remember his name coming up in Bob Perry's latest book, in connection with not only a boat building project, but a rudder modification project. Choate insisted on a shape smaller/larger/different than Perry wanted, and turned out to be right. I've seen Choate vessels on Yachtworld, too.

Dan Morehouse
1981 E-38 "Next Exit"

Seth

Sustaining Partner
It is

Dennis Choate of Dencho Marine. He has done several rudders for site members here, and as a boat builder there is not much he can't do in terms of any hull, deck or interior mods. Reasonable, too.

He is a "unique" personality, but very talented.

Sven

Seglare
Dennis Choate of Dencho Marine. He has done several rudders for site members here, and as a boat builder there is not much he can't do in terms of any hull, deck or interior mods. Reasonable, too.

He is a "unique" personality, but very talented.

Thanks, yes I think you may have been the one who first told me about him. I lost the reference but kind of remember it.

The yard foreman at Marina Shipyard used to work for him for 16 years and speaks very highly of him too.

-Sven

windjunkee

Member III
Sven,

Dennis Choate. He did great work on our rudder modification. It was significantly less in total cost than I thought it would be (something that is so rare a circumstance that it is noteworthy)

He's just off PCH in Long Beach, west of 710 freeway.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Sven

Seglare
We're finally getting the new rudder !

Thanks to Jim (Voice of Reason) too !

I just talked to Dennis a couple of times. What a great no-nonsense guy !

He inspired me with so much confidence that I'm almost afraid to meet him in person and lose the awe :egrin:

The work starts tomorrow.

-Sven