• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28+ Bow repair question

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
My 28+ is 1982 vintage and while preparing the boat for an early splash this spring I noticed that part of the metal "U" on the bow had broken off exposing the deck/bow connection points. Clearly to keep water out of the boat this needs to be repaired. I highly doubt that a replacement part is available but just in the event that someone else has had this problem and developed a better fix than simply epoxying the broken area, I thought I would post this to the forum.

Many thanks, Steve (Lucky)

Glyn Judson

Bow repair question.

Steve, Replacements for those castings are long gone and after Pacific Seacraft took over the Ericson name and limited production of certain models, began making them out of fiberglass. I'm sure those are gone too. I mention this because maybe you could do the same using your old aluminum one as a pattern. The ones Pacific Seacraft made were thick and beefy, more than adequate to take a light blow but that said, more of a blow that the cast aluminum ones can take. As I type this, memories come filtering back and I'm pretty sure that Elk Brass cast the original aluminum ones, they too being long out of business down here in SoCal. Marty or others, can you confirm or deny that last statement? Cheers, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA