• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34-T East Coast Coastal Cruising Questions

sv_naidia

Member II
Hello,

I am new to the site and am a former owner of an E30. Since then, I've owned, sailed and lived aboard a Columbia 50, Comar 43 and Baltic 42DP.

I am considering a E34T for an East Coast cruiser... Spending summers in New England and winters as far south as the Bahamas and places in between. Knowing the E34T was an early IOR design, that doesn't scare me in that I love performance boats. With that being said, I would welcome input from current or past E34T owners and your thoughts on this model from all aspects to cabin comforts, sailing qualities and boat construction, etc. I do most of my sailing single or short handed and usually have no more than 5 people on the boat so the 34 seems like a good size and a good price point. Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

cm.johnson

Just Bought a 34T on Chesapeake Bay!

Hi,
I just joined this site because I bought a 34T. I'd be interested in talking further about the 34T, cruising and equipment. I have the same intention of cruising up and down the coast with it. Probably singlehanding or w/ 1 crew.
Chris

sv_naidia

Member II
Congrats!!!

Hi Chris,

Congrats on your purchase. I spent a lot of time researching and learning about the E34T prior to purchasing mine. Definitely lots of bang for the buck and built strong. I love the lines and being a former IOR design, a real performer, too!! What is your hull number? I have been doing some upgrades which I would be happy to share with you. I plan to sail mine in the NE until October then take her south. I may even bring her as far as the Chesapeake in late August and make the rest of the journey after the hurricane season. Would be happy to share what I have learned. Look forward to hearing more about your E34T. Send pics, too...

Take care,

--Ron

cm.johnson

Just Bought 34T on Chesapeake Bay

Ron,
The hull # is 115. I'll be keeping it on the Rapahannock River at Regent Point Marina. It is a sailboat marina. I know it would seem obvious, but I'll say it anyway...It seems like the winters are a little warmer on the Chesapeake Bay when you get south of the Potomic river. In the middle bay, slip prices are very competative and if you want to haul the boat for the winter, the prices are even better. At my marina, if you get the boat hauled for the winter and have the yard paint your bottom, the winter storage is free.

I've grown up sailing on the bay and there are lots of very interesting places to sail. Let me know when you are coming down, or if you'd like some recommendations on places to visit.
Chris

bayhoss

Member III
Congratulations on your purchase! Regent Point is a great marina. I'm close by at Timberneck on Broad Creek.

Best,
Frank