• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Universal M-12 Impeller is stuck!

yodaears

'84 E30+ HN 636
Hey guys. I'm new to Ericsons and the forum. Since there is such great stuff on here I thought I would ask you guys a question. I've been searching for an answer on here and just haven't been able to find one. Here's the problem:

Went to replace the impeller on my M-12 (1988 Ericson 26-300). I was able to get the plate and snap ring off but could not get the impeller to budge off the shaft. I decided to remove the whole shaft and still I could not get the damn thing to move. I've been looking at the diagrams for the pump trying to see if I am missing something painfully obvious but I'm not seeing it. Any ideas what's causing the problem? The impeller looked ok and I made sure not to damage it so I went ahead and realigned the shaft and reinstalled it. Any help would appreciated.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I am not familiar with your particular engine, but some impellers have a small set screw holding them to the shaft. You had mentioned a snap ring, so I can't imagine that they would have both a snap ring and a set screw, but you may still want to check for that. Otherwise, could simple corrosion cause it, or have you applied enough lubricant/force to discount that?

Frank

bayhoss

Member III
I have the same pump on my M12. The only thing that holds the impeller on is the snap ring.

Best,
Frank